WHAT'S HOT?

Confirmed: Bryan Singer Back to Superman Sequel

March 12, 2008 07:25:41 GMT

Despite earlier reports stating that the 'Superman Returns' director won't be back for the sequel, it has now been confirmed that the filmmaker will definitely helm the superhero sequel flick.


Bryan Singer
See larger image
Photo credit: Albert L. Ortega/PR Photos

Though has been reported earlier that "Superman Returns" helmer Bryan Singer won't be back to direct the superhero sequel, it has been said that the filmmaker has agreed to return as the director of "Superman: The Man of Steel". According to Empire Online, the 42-year-old has confirmed the information himself.

The movie news site reported that Singer has revealed that he joined the sequel project once again to direct the action flick. He confessed, "I'm just getting back with writers after the strike. We're just in the development phase. I'm starting to develop a sequel...with the intention of directing it." Promising that the sequel would be better, he said, "From frame one, it will be unrelenting terror! All those teenage girls who found the movie and mooned over James Marsden or Brandon Routh? Well, I'm going to wake them up!"

On related Superman news, IESB earlier reported that the "Transformers" and "Star Trek" scribblers Roberto Orci and Alex Kurtzman have been negotiating to replace "Returns" writers Michael Dougherty and Dan Harris. However, CHUD dismissed the rumors stating that the two screenwriters won't be attached to the project because they are still busy with the "Transformers 2" project.

© AceShowbiz.com




Post Your Comments


Screen Name
Please Enter   
Comment
 
 
RSS
FB
Twitter