WHAT'S HOT?

Rapper Pimp C Died of an Accidental Overdose

February 05, 2008 04:02:03 GMT

The Los Angeles County coroner confirmed Monday, February 5 that rapper Pimp C died of an accidental overdose of a combination of cough syrup and other factors.


Rapper Pimp C Died of an Accidental Overdose
See larger image

It's been two months since Pimp C was found dead in a hotel room and the authorities ruled Monday, February 4 that the rapper died of an accidental overdose of a combination of cough syrup and other factors.

The Los Angeles County coroner ruled that day that Pimp C's death was caused by prescription cough syrup and a preexisting sleeping condition. The rap star, who's better known as one-half of the hip hop duo UGK, died accidentally because of a combination of drugs, codeine and promethazine, which he previously name-checked in his lyrics.

The drugs are said to be the key ingredients in "syrup," a narcotic of choice in Southern rap circles that was most famously celebrated by Three 6 Mafia and Pimp C's group Underground Kingz in the 2000 single "Sippin' on some Syrup."

In addition to the prescription cough syrup, the coroner's report also listed the condition of Pimp C's body as "decomposed" and also noted the Port Arthur, Texas, native had a history of sleep apnea, which causes people to stop breathing for up to 30 seconds at a time while sleeping.

Ed Winter, assistant chief of the coroner's office, said that Pimp C had died naturally, noting there was no indication of trauma or drug paraphernalia and that investigation determined the death to be "due to promethazine/codeine effects and other unestablished factors."

Pimp C was found dead in a hotel room back on December 4 last year. He was 33. His funeral was held on December 13 at the Robert A. Bowers Civic Center in his southeast Texas hometown of Port Arthur.

© AceShowbiz.com




Post Your Comments


Screen Name
Please Enter   
Comment
 
 
 
RSS
FB
Twitter