The troubled scarlet's thriller led the 28th Annual Golden Raspberry Awards' nominations by nailing 9 nods, including Worst Picture and two Worst Actress counts.
TriStar Pictures' thriller "I Know Who Killed Me" starring troubled starlet Lindsay Lohan led the pack of 2007 Razzie nominations with 9 nods, including Worst Picture count. On Monday, January 21, the film directed by Chris Sivertson was announced to be among the candidates of the best of the worst awards receivers.
For the Worst Picture prize, "I Know" was put in the same category with "Bratz", "Daddy Day Camp", "I Now Pronounce You Chuck and Larry" and "Norbit". Aside from the Worst Picture nomination, the movie also received gongs for Worst Screenplay, Worst Remake or Rip-Off, Worst Excuse for a Horror Movie, Worst Supporting Actress for Julia Ormond, and Worst Director for Sivertson.
Meanwhile, its leading actress Lohan alone brought another three nods. She garnered double nominations under the category of Worst Actress for her performances as Aubrey and Dakota. She also managed to get a nomination of Worst Screen Couple as "The Yang to Her Own Yin" in the movie.
Though Lohan nailed three gongs for her role, her counts could be considered nothing if compared to the nods received by Eddie Murphy alone for "Norbit". The Academy Award-nominated actor set a new worst achievement record as he got five nods in a single year. He was nominated for Worst Actor as Norbit, Worst Supporting Actress as Rasputia, Norbit's beefy wife, Worst Supporting Actor as Mr. Wong, and Worst Screen Couple.
In addition to Murphy's five nods, his comedy romantic film "Norbit" got three other nominations, including Worst Picture and Worst Director. Another film that received 8 gongs was Adam Sandler and Kevin James' "I Now Pronounce You Chuck and Larry", while "Bratz" and "Daddy Day Camp" each garnered 5 counts.
The Golden Raspberry Awards, which is a spoof of Hollywood awards, has annually held preceding the Academy Awards. Hence, the 28th Annual Razzie Awards made their nominees announcement a day before the Oscar nominations come out and it winner will be announced on February 23, which is also a day before the 80th Annual Academy Awards, at Magicopolis in Santa Monica. In the meantime, the nominees for Razzie can be seen below or at razzies.com.
The partial list of the 28th Annual Golden Raspberry Awards' nominees:
- Nicolas Cage for "Ghost Rider", "National Treasure: Book of Secrets" and "Next"
- Jim Carrey for "The Number 23"
- Cuba Gooding, Jr. for "Daddy Day Camp" and "Norbit"
- Eddie Murphy for "Norbit"
- Adam Sandler for "I Now Pronounce You Chuck and Larry"
- Jessica Alba for "Awake", "Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer" and "Good Luck Chuck"
- Logan Browning, Janel Parrish, Nathalia Ramos and Skyler Shaye for "Bratz"
- Elisha Cuthbert for "Captivity"
- Diane Keaton for "Because I Said So"
- Lindsay Lohan for "I Know Who Killed Me" as Aubrey
- Lindsay Lohan for "I Know Who Killed Me" as Dakota
- Dennis Dugan, "I Now Pronounce You Chuck and Larry"
- Roland Joffe, "Captivity"
- Brian Robbins, "Norbit"
- Fred Savage, "Daddy Day Camp"
- Chris Siverston, "I Know Who Killed Me"