Nominations of the 19th annual GLAAD Media Awards have been revealed with ABC as the leading nominee, taking in 11 nods in total.
The nominees for the 19th annual GLAAD Media Awards are in and ABC comes out as the major nominee, taking in 11 nods all at once. The U.S.-based television network scores nominations for its hit comedy-drama series "Desperate Housewives" as well as new shows "Dirty Sexy Money" and "Greek."
As for GLAAD Special Honorees, singer Janet Jackson is one among the other recipients, being handed the Vanguard Award, which according to glaad.org is presented to media professionals who, through their work, have increased the visibility and understanding of the lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender community.
Below is part of the nominees for TV categories:
- Brothers & Sisters (ABC)
- Degrassi: The Next Generation (The N)
- Dirty Sexy Money (ABC)
- Greek (ABC Family)
- The L Word (Showtime)
- Desperate Housewives (ABC)
- Exes and Ohs (Logo)
- The Sarah Silverman Program (Comedy Central)
- Ugly Betty (ABC)
- The War at Home (Fox)
- "Boy Crazy" Cold Case (CBS)
- "Do Tell" Boston Legal (ABC)
- "Free to Be You and Me" Kyle XY (ABC Family)
- "The Gangs of Camden County" My Name is Earl (NBC)
- "Sin" Law & Order: SVU (NBC)
- All My Children (ABC)
- As The World Turns (CBS)
Visit glaad.org for the complete list of the award nominees and details of the awards show.