WHAT'S HOT?

Transporter 3 Gets New Helmer?

January 18, 2008 04:22:59 GMT

A considerably newcomer Olivier Megaton is said to possibly replacing the original directors of the action movie series, Louis Leterrier and Corey Yuen, in its third installment.


Transporter 3 Gets New Helmer?
See larger image

Though considered successful in helming the first two installment of action films "The Transporter" and "The Transporter 2", it was said that Louis Leterrier and Corey Yuen may be replaced in the third production of the movie. According to FilmsActu, "Transporter 3" is expected to be directed by a new face Olivier Megaton.

Megaton is said to be have previously directed a 2002 film "The Red Siren". He was also the second unit director on "Hitman". In the latter action thriller, he was reportedly the one who shot the entire subway fight scene.

Under the hands of Leterrier, the director of "The Incredible Hulk" and Yuen, "The Transporter" went to gross $44 million around the world on a $21 million budget. Then, its sequel that was made with the budget of $32 million budget earned $85 million worldwide.

On the third film itself, it was reported that the casting for the secondary roles is taking place in Paris. Hence, some assume that the films' leading man Jason Statham will return to once again play the role of Frank Martin. Further, the film is scheduled to begin the filming this summer.

© AceShowbiz.com




Post Your Comments


Screen Name
Please Enter   
Comment
 
 
 
RSS
FB
Twitter