Jonas Brothers will tour excessively in the next two years after a multi-million deal was struck with Live Nation.
Famously tying the established Madonna with a multi million dollar contract late last year, Live Nation surprisingly made the same movement to an up and coming act, Jonas Brothers. The teen all-boys group have inked a huge deal with the concert promoter to play large venues in the next two years.
As part of the deal, the band will hit 140 shows at indoor stadiums and arenas with eight of them have already been arranged to begin the end of this month. The jaunt, that is dubbed 'Look Me in the Eyes' after their single, will commence January 31 in Tucson, Arizona and tickets for the eight shows will go on sale January 12.
The worldwide tour will support their latest album, the self-titled 'Jonas Brothers' that was released in August 2007 and opened at #5 on Billboard Hot 200.
Prior this upcoming headlining tour, Jonas Brothers who are popular among teens, have been known to support Miley Cyrus in her high-grossing tour ' Hannah Montana/Miley Cyrus Best of Both Worlds'.
They have also made guest appearances in Cyrus' Disney show, 'Hannah Montana' but will star in their own series which is expected to be released next summer.
Jonas Brothers' First Eight Shows:
- Jan. 31 - Tucson, Ariz. (TCC Music Hall)
- Feb. 1 - Las Vegas (Planet Hollywood)
- Feb. 2 - Los Angeles (Gibson Amphitheater)
- Feb. 5 - Everett, Wash. (Events Center)
- Feb. 6 - Portland, Ore. (Schnitzer Hall)
- Feb. 8 - Salt Lake City (E Center)
- Feb. 11 - El Paso, Texas (Abraham Chavez Theater)
- Feb. 12 - San Antonio (San Antonio Stock Show and Rodeo)