Akon Pleaded Not Guilty to Charges Stemmed from Fan-Tossing Incident


Akon
Akon pleaded not guilty Monday Dec 3rd to charges stemmed from his famous fan tossing incident back in June.


Did appear in Fishkill Town Court Monday morning December 3rd for a hearing on his so famous fan-tossing incident, Akon was released on his own recognition as he's been pleaded not guilty to charges of endangering the welfare of a minor and second-degree harassment.

The R&B icon was released without bail following his brief court appearance and was ordered to return to court on January 16th next year. A town justice told Akon that he does not have to appear at future court appearances and could instead have his lawyer stands in for him.

Akon did not comment as he left the courthouse, but his legal team released a statement on his behalf, expressing the singer's regret over the situation.

"It was never Akon's intent to violate the law," his lawyer Benjamin Brafman said in a statement. "This unfortunate incident was a spontaneous reaction during a live concert that Akon deeply regrets. We are confident that this matter will ultimately be resolved in a manner that does not in any way interfere with Akon's successful career."

Police in Fishkill said late last month they've charged Akon with misdemeanor endangering the welfare of a minor and second-degree harassment. Both charges stemmed from an incident that saw the star caught on tape tossing a young fan into the crowd during a concert at radio station WSPK's KFEST in Fishkill, N.Y. on June 3rd.

If convicted of the charges, Akon could face up to one year, 15 days behind bars.

© AceShowbiz.com


MORE FROM NEWS
Leave a Comment

Required fields are marked with *

  random image 
TODAY'S HEADLINES
  1. 'America's Got Talent' Live Results 1: Meet the First 7 Semifinalists!
  2. Kim Kardashian to Co-Host 'Live' With Ryan Seacrest
  3. Leah Remini Slams 'Diabolical' Tom Cruise, Says He's Not a Good Person
  4. George Clooney's Wife Amal Looks Skeletal Just Weeks After Welcoming Twins
  5. Samuel L. Jackson Returns for 'Shaft' Sequel, Jessie T. Usher Lands Lead Role
  6. These Two Horror Directors in Contention for 'Justice League Dark'
  7. 'Super Troopers 2' Set for 2018, Official Synopsis Revealed
  8. Say What?! Prince William and Harry Have Cameos in 'Star Wars: The Last Jedi'
  9. Porn Site Offers to Produce 'Sense8' Season 3
  10. Fergie Goes Topless to Promote New Album 'Double Dutchess'