After the coveted Breakthrough and Contemporary Artist, DAUGHTRY took an honor for their self-titled debut album.
Though a no-show, Justin Timberlake won his second statuette at 2007 American Music Awards through his album 'FutureSex/LoveSounds'. He beat Beyonce Knowles' 'B'Day' and R. Kelly's 'Double Up' to take Favorite R'n'B Album.
And it looks like the big winner in the event might eventually be DAUGHTRY. The rock band took their third winning when Ashley Tisdale and Vanessa Hudgens from High School Musical called their name for Favorite Pop/Rock Album.
The band that is fronted by American Idol alumni, Chris Daughtry, were surprised of the winning especially knowing that Linkin Park and Timberlake were their competition. The title was honored for their self-titled album that was released last year.
The second half of the night was filled with a performance by Alicia Keys on her latest charting hit 'No One'.
The 35th Annual American Awards is broadcast live from Los Angeles' Nokia Theater on Sunday, November 18 starting from 8 P.M. ET. More winners on Rap/Hip-Hop, Alternative Rock and Latin Music are waiting to be announced. Stay tuned.
Temporary Winners of 2007 American Music Awards:
- Favorite Breakthrough Artist - DAUGHTRY
- Favorite Artist, Contemporary Music - DAUGHTRY
- Favorite Soundtrack Album - High School Musical 2
- Favorite Band, Duo or Group, Country - Rascal Flatts
- Favorite Female Artist, Country - Carrie Underwood
- Favorite Male Artist, Pop/Rock - Justin Timberlake
- Favorite Album, Pop/Rock - DAUGHTRY for 'DAUGHTRY'
- Favorite Male Artist, R'n'B - Akon
- Favorite Album, R'n'B - Justin Timberlake for 'FutureSex/LoveSounds'