George Strait will tour early 2008 with Little Big Town as supporting act.
Refusing to stop, veteran country singer George Strait once again hit the road starting Jan 10, 2008. He will depart from Austin, Texas and wind down March 7 in Lubbock, Texas.
Beside playing his classics, Strait will support his upcoming retrospective album '22 More Hits' that is due November 13 via MCA Nashville. More dates are expected to be announced soon.
Meanwhile, Little Big Town will come along as Strait's supporting act during the tour. "We have been so fortunate over the past couple of years to tour with some amazing artists," member Kimberly Roads said. "But to be invited to share the stage with an entertainer like George Strait - who never fails to give fans what they want year after year, show after show and hit after hit - is truly an honor. He has the career we all strive for."
As previously reported, Strait is nominated for five categories at 2007 CMA Awards. Winners of the event will be announced on November 7 in Nashville.
George Strait's tour dates:
- Jan. 10: Austin, Texas (Frank Erwin Center)
- Jan. 11: Oklahoma City (Ford Center)
- Jan. 12: Little Rock, Ark. (Alltel Arena)
- Jan. 17: Birmingham, Ala. (BJCC)
- Jan. 18: Gwinnett, Ga. (Gwinnett Arena)
- Jan. 19: Tampa, Fla. (St. Pete Times Forum)
- Jan. 24: Jacksonville, Fla. (Veterans Memorial Auditorium)
- Jan. 25: Columbia, S.C. (Colonial Center)
- Jan. 26: Baltimore (1st Mariner Arena)
- Jan. 31: Sacramento, Calif. (ARCO Arena)
- Feb. 1: Fresno, Calif. (Save Mart Center)
- Feb. 2: Las Vegas (MGM Grand Garden Arena)
- Feb. 15: Charleston, W. Va. (Civic Center)
- Feb. 16: Philadelphia (Wachovia Center)
- Feb. 28: Richmond, Va. (Coliseum)
- Feb. 29: Lexington, Ky. (Rupp Arena)
- March 1: Cleveland (Quicken Loans Arena)
- March 6: Albuquerque, N.N. (University Arena)
- March 7: Lubbock, Texas (United Spirit Arena)