September 03, 2007 08:41:33 GMT
"The Descent" helmer Neil Marshall has told Fangoria that the pic's follow-up will be directed by film editor Jon Harris.
The claustrophobic experience in "The Descent" will be brought up again to the big screen, only this time it will not come exactly from the same person who successfully evoked it.
According to Fangoria, another name has been chosen to helm the follow up to the last year's horror hit, currently listed as "The De2cent", and the person turns out to be film editor Jon Harris while "Descent" director Neil Marshall is said to only return as the writer and producer.
"I will not be directing The Descent 2 ... But I will be overseeing every aspect of the production," Marshall told the site at Britainâ€™s Film 4 FrightFest. "There's nothing to oversee yet, though, as the script is currently being written. My Descent editor Jon Harris will make his feature directing debut with the sequel, and I can't think of a better man for the job."
Harris, a native of Sheffield, England, has served as the film editor for a number of well-known big screen titles, the most recently one being for Matthew Vaughn-directed fantasy feature "Stardust." He is currently working on "Eden Lake", a horror thriller coming from Celador Films, the studio producing " The Descent", which revolves around a group of feral children terrorizing a vacationing couple.