August 31, 2007 03:54:30 GMT
Owen Wilson's lawyer has denied reports he took a drugs overdose, but does confirm the actor slit his wrists.
Owen Wilson is receiving care and heal in private at the Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, and his attorney meanwhile set the record straight on the actor's suicide attempt which has raised public speculation from drugs overdose to slit wrists.
Insisted Owen didn't overdose on drugs, his attorney told "Access Hollywood" the actor did slit his wrists instead. Put the brake on the false drugs overdose report, the lawyer confirmed Owen did not have his stomach pumped and had been taking anti-depressants with no any other drugs found in his system at the time of the suicide attempt.
In a press release issued late Wednesday August 29th, the City Attorney's office said "In reaching this decision the City believes that in many instances no person should have to worry about whether placing a call for emergency assistance will automatically make his or her medical request open to public review."
The press release furthermore stated, "In balancing the competing interests, the City agencies outweighs the public interest served by disclosure of the emergency 911 call. In situation such as this, the City concludes that the public is best served if medical attention is promptly sought instead of being delayed because of a concern, real or imagined, of public attention, regardless of whether that publicity is sympathetic or not."
Owen was initially rushed to St. John's Hospital in Santa Monica on Sunday August 26th after an alleged suicide attempt and later on moved to Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles. In another dose of bad news, it was announced on Wednesday August 29th that Owen had dropped out of the upcoming ensemble comedy "Tropic Thunder," which has been in production since six weeks ago with him supposedly was slated to begin a week-long shoot in two or three weeks.