August 06, 2007 09:50:02 GMT
AICN has posted the age range descriptions of principal characters in Paramount Pictures' "Star Trek" other than Mr. Spock.
Looks like Warner Bros. Pictures is not the only one that is currently in search for names to fill in the supporting roles of "" as Paramount Pictures apparently is gearing for similar thing for its highly-anticipated sci-fi project of "."
Ain't It Cool News (AICN) has delightfully revealed descriptions of age range that actors should be in to play characters presented in the movie apart from the young Mr. Spock, which has been secured by "Heroes" star .
- Captain James T. Kirk must be between 23-29 and in "great physical condition." Actors should also be 6' tall or under.
- Dr. McCoy will not be the middle-aged ship's physician immortalized by DeForrest Kelley but rather a "danger-loving" 28-32 year-old.
- Lt. Uhura is around 25 years-old and "tom-boyish."
- Lt. Sulu is described as "extremely fit" and a "wildcat" between the ages of 25-32; Japanese actors are preferred but the role is open to all Asian-American actors.
- U.S.S. Enterprise chief engineer Scotty is between 28-32 years old and has a "flawless Scottish accent."
The eleventh entry in the film series based on Gene Roddenberry's science fiction franchise, "Star Trek" is scheduled to begin filming this fall under the direction of "Alias" creator J.J. Abrams who will helm based on script penned by Alex Kurtzman and Roberto Orci. It has been revealed that the story is going to focus on the earliest adventures of Kirk and Spock with Michael Giacchino, who previously served as the composer for several Abrams projects like "Lost" and "", to compose the musical score for the film.