August 04, 2007 06:48:07 GMT
Rock legends pick Led Zeppelin's "Black Dog" and "Dazed and Confused" as the greatest guitar songs in rock history.
has topped the Q Magazine list of Greatest Guitar Tracks of All Time. Of all 20 songs listed, two of the rock band's hits "Black Dog" and "Dazed and Confused" are placed at no 1 and 2 respectively.
The list was chosen by the rock experts: Ron Wood of , 's Andy Summers, ' and Zeppelin's very own guitarist .
"This 20 greatest list is, we feel, the definitive one, since it's not been determined by a bunch of musically-challenged hacks, but by more than able guitarists, people of the standing of Jimmy Page and Ronnie Wood . If they don't know what they're talking about, no one does," said Q editor Paul Rees.
The Top Ten Greatest Guitar Songs in Music History:
- Black Dog - Led Zeppelin
- Dazed and Confused - Led Zeppelin
- Little Wing -
- A Woman In Winter - The Skids
- Guitar Shuffle - Big Bill Broonzy
- And Your Bird Can Sing -
- The End - The Beatles
- Only In Dreams –
- Limehouse Blues - Django Reinhardt
- Bye Bye Blues - Les Paul and Mary Ford
Page's guitar show in Zeppelin's "Stairway to Heaven" is also listed in the chart of 20 Greatest Guitar Solos compiled by staff of Q, but he's beaten by David Gilmore in Pink Floyd's "Comfortably Numb" and Queen's Brian May in "Killer Queen".
Top 10 Greatest Guitar Solos:
- David Gilmore - "Comfortably Numb" by
- Brian May - "Killer Queen" by
- Jimmy Page - "Stairway To Heaven" by Led Zeppelin
- Jimi Hendrix - "Purple Haze" by Jimi Hendrix Experience
- John Squire - "Love Spreads" by The Stone Roses
- Eddie Van Halen - "Beat It" by
- Slash - "Sweet Child O' Mine" by
- - "While My Guitar Gently Weeps" by The Beatles
- Elliot Randall - "Reelin' In The Years" by
- Matt Bellamy - "Knights Of Cydonia" by
- Lindsay Buckingham - "Go Your Own Way" by