Rock legends pick Led Zeppelin's "Black Dog" and "Dazed and Confused" as the greatest guitar songs in rock history.
Led Zeppelin has topped the Q Magazine list of Greatest Guitar Tracks of All Time. Of all 20 songs listed, two of the rock band's hits "Black Dog" and "Dazed and Confused" are placed at no 1 and 2 respectively.
The list was chosen by the rock experts: Ron Wood of The Rolling Stones, The Police's Andy Summers, Foo Fighters' Dave Grohl and Zeppelin's very own guitarist Jimmy Page.
"This 20 greatest list is, we feel, the definitive one, since it's not been determined by a bunch of musically-challenged hacks, but by more than able guitarists, people of the standing of Jimmy Page and Ronnie Wood . If they don't know what they're talking about, no one does," said Q editor Paul Rees.
The Top Ten Greatest Guitar Songs in Music History:
- Black Dog - Led Zeppelin
- Dazed and Confused - Led Zeppelin
- Little Wing - Jimi Hendrix
- A Woman In Winter - The Skids
- Guitar Shuffle - Big Bill Broonzy
- And Your Bird Can Sing - The Beatles
- The End - The Beatles
- Only In Dreams – Weezer
- Limehouse Blues - Django Reinhardt
- Bye Bye Blues - Les Paul and Mary Ford
Top 10 Greatest Guitar Solos:
- David Gilmore - "Comfortably Numb" by Pink Floyd
- Brian May - "Killer Queen" by Queen
- Jimmy Page - "Stairway To Heaven" by Led Zeppelin
- Jimi Hendrix - "Purple Haze" by Jimi Hendrix Experience
- John Squire - "Love Spreads" by The Stone Roses
- Eddie Van Halen - "Beat It" by Michael Jackson
- Slash - "Sweet Child O' Mine" by Guns N' Roses
- Eric Clapton - "While My Guitar Gently Weeps" by The Beatles
- Elliot Randall - "Reelin' In The Years" by Steely Dan
- Matt Bellamy - "Knights Of Cydonia" by Muse
- Lindsay Buckingham - "Go Your Own Way" by Fleetwood Mac