The search for "Bond 22" director finally comes to its end. Producers of the James Bond movies Michael G. Wilson and Barbara Broccoli alongside Sony Pictures Entertainment and Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios have jointly announced on June 19 that Marc Forster has been picked up to handle the helming duties on the highly-anticipated flick, which will be the follow-up to last year's "Casino Royale."
"We are delighted that Marc Forster, with his exceptional talent and unique vision, has agreed to direct our next James Bond film," so Wilson and Broccoli said in a statement.
Recently helmed comic hit "Stranger Than Fiction", Forster was reported last month by LatinoReview to be on the run for the position together with other notable directing names like Tony Scott, Alex Proyas, and Jonathan Mostow. Following his inclusion in the project, the man is said to begin work shortly alongside Oscar-winning screenwriter Paul Haggis on a draft of the screenplay penned by Neil Purvis and Robert Wade.
"I have always been drawn to different kinds of stories and I have also always been a Bond fan, so it is very exciting to take on this challenge," Forster commented. "The new direction that the Bond character has taken offers a director a host of new possibilities and I look forward to working with Daniel Craig, Barbara Broccoli, and Michael Wilson, as well as the team at Sony and MGM on this new film."
Filming on "Bond 22" is slated to begin this December at Pinewood Studios, London for a November 7, 2008 worldwide release. Apart from Craig who has been confirmed to reprise his role as the suave British agent, Judi Dench and Giancarlo Giannini are also back in the cast to once again play M and Rene Mathis, respectively.