In mission to let wider range of people hearing their music, Queens of the Stone Age hits unusual stops in their short summer tour.
As experimental as their music, Queens of the Stone Age's tour for "Era Vulgaris" is also arranged not as usual. The band will visit several cities where market demand is smaller than others.
"We want to play to people who hardly ever get shows and just burn the house down," said QOTSA frontman Josh Homme. "I think we're too stoked to not go deeper than we have before. It feels like the right time to go, 'Hey, man, sorry I'm late, but here we are.'"
The tour will kick off July 22 in Costa Mesa, Calif. and end shortly on August 11 in Oklahoma City.
"Era Vulgaris" meanwhile, will arrive June 12 via Interscope and has released its first single "Sick, Sick, Sick" through digital download only. The next single to be dropped is "3's&7's" which will come with first single and the remix of "I'm Designer" by UNKLE frontman James LaVelle.
Queens Of The Stone Age's tour dates:
- July 22: Costa Mesa, Calif. (OC Fair)
- July 24: Chico, Calif. (Senator Theatre)
- July 25: Eugene, Ore. (McDonald Theatre)
- July 27: Boise, Idaho (Big Easy)
- July 28: Missoula, Mont. (Wilma Theatre)
- July 29: Billings, Mont. (Shire Auditorium)
- Aug. 1: Duluth, Minn. (Playmaker's)
- Aug. 4: Indianapolis (Egyptian Room)
- Aug. 7: Memphis (New Daisy Theatre)
- Aug. 8: Little Rock, Ark. (the Village)
- Aug. 10: Tulsa, Okla. (Cain's Ballroom)
- Aug. 11: Oklahoma City (Diamond Ballroom)