Anticipating that their reunion is working well, The Jesus and Mary Chain will enter the studion for an album in nearly 9 years.
The reunion of The Jesus and Mary Chain now takes its biggest upturn, a new album in 9 years. The recording plan is pretty fresh that no detail regarding when or where is released.
One thing for sure, this album plan came up after a good rhythm of recent reunion gigs. "The reunion is not necessarily about any nostalgia trip," vocalist Jim Reid said. "There will be a new record, otherwise there wouldn't be any point to reforming."
The brothers Jim and William Reid reunited on stage the first time at California's Coachella Festival last April and has been appearing in a number of shows after that.
The band's next gigs:
- London Royal Festival Hall - June 22
- Lisbon Super Bock Super Rock - July 4
- Madrid Summercase Festival - July 13
- Barcelona Summercase Festival - July 14
- Hildesheim M'era Luna Festival - August 12
- Inveraray Castle Connect Festival - August 31
- Stradbally Hall Electric Picnic Festival - September 1