WHAT'S HOT?

Anna Nicole Smith's Death Is an Accidental Overdose

March 27, 2007 01:57:03 GMT

Anna Nicole Smith died of an accidental overdose of medication, it has been confirmed.


The big question finally is answered as it was revealed Monday March 26th that Anna Nicole Smith's death is an accidental overdose of prescription drugs.

Officials said there are at least nine prescription drugs, including methadone and anti-anxiety drugs, among others that killed Smith. In a detailed autopsy report released that day, a medical examiner noted Smith refused to go to a hospital three days before her Feb. 8 death. She chose to ride out her illness in a hotel suite littered with pill bottles, soda cans, SlimFast, nicotine gum and an open box of Tamiflu tablets.

Dr. Joshua Perper, a Broward County Medical Examiner, revealed that Smith had been taking large amounts of the seldom-prescribed sedative chloral hydrate in the days leading up to her death. The same substance also contributed to the 1962 overdose death of Marilyn Monroe.

Smith did not take methadone the day she died, but there was evidence she had taken it several days earlier.

All in all, Dr. Perper concluded that it was combined drug intoxication, including anxiety and depression medication, Valium, Ativan and antihistamines, that contributed to Smiths' death. She had also taken chloral hydrate, a strong sedative, which was a major component in her death. There was no evidence that illegal drugs or foul play had a role in the death of the former Playboy Playmate.

© AceShowbiz.com




Post Your Comments


Screen Name
Please Enter   
Comment
 
 
RSS
FB
Twitter