October 12, 2006 03:44:20 GMT
Jay-Z's planned debut concert in China November 2006 has reportedly been cancelled by the country's Culture Ministry.
Bad news. China won't welcome Jay-Z. Not without reason, but the country's Culture Ministry have denied the US rapper to perform a concert in Shanghai because his music was considered containing too many profane references.
"Some of Jay-Z's songs contain too much vulgar language," promoter Sun Yun of KS Productions told China's state-run Shanghai Daily newspaper of the culture ministry's decision. The cancellation could not be immediately confirmed, but a notice posted Wednesday October 11th on an online ticket booking website, Tickets365, said the concert had been postponed.
Jay-Z was supposed to make his China debut at Shanghai's Hongkou Stadium on October 23rd. Meanwhile, calls to representatives for Jay-Z and China's Culture Ministry were not answered.
Responded to China's band, Jay-Z told AllHipHop.com in a statement, "I look forward to rescheduling my concert date in Shanghai. This world tour has been a life changing experience and it has only been made better by touching the fans that I am seeing for the first time."