June 14, 2006 05:53:30 GMT
After previous statements referring to her split from husband Paul McCartney as a separation, Heather Mills McCartney is now using the D-word.
"Contrary to recent press reports, Heather Mills McCartney will not be giving any interviews or commenting in relation to her pending divorce from her husband," said a statement issued by Mills' office Sunday June 11th, 2006. And so, the statement released indicated that the pair, Mills and Paul McCartney is "no longer separate but divorce."
Two days later, on Tuesday June 13th, 2006, Mills' lawyer released another statement, marked "urgent," saying that the model planned to sue a British tabloid later on after her divorce had been finalized. This is prompted for her becoming the subject of several unflattering newspaper articles that included pictures of her in naked or semi-naked poses. Naming one of many, it was Britain's News of the World which ran an article that she spent nights with wealthy men when she was in her 20s.
"Heather is very distressed by this article," and so will sue for libel. "She will defer issue of legal proceedings until the arrangements in relation to the divorce are concluded but intends to sue at that stage all parties (including individuals) who are intent on damaging her reputation." said the statement from the law firm of Coyle White Devine.