Chris Penn's Sudden Death Ruled Accidental

The sudden death in January of actor Chris Penn was ruled accidental on Monday by coroners who said he had an enlarged heart and had taken multiple me

Following the sudden death of actor Chris Penn, the younger brother of Oscar winner Sean Penn, in January the Los Angeles coroner examined the body the following day.

And after careful examination, results of the autopsy and toxicology tests made public Monday Feb 13th, 2006 showed that the primary cause of the death is cardiomyopathy, an enlarged heart--complicated by the "effects of multiple medication intake."

Detailing on the medication, the chief coroner investigator, Craig Harvey, said Penn was taking several prescriptions that contributed to his death, most prominently promethazine with codeine. The substance is said as highly addictive and is used to treat serious cold and flu symptoms. Thus, Penn's death was declared accidental.


Leave a Comment

Required fields are marked with *