Showed up in federal court Tuesday, singer Rod Stewart said he was there to "defend my honor" in a breach of contract lawsuit filed by a Las Vegas resort. There stood the rapper to face off against Harrah's Entertainment in a lawsuit over a canceled casino concert. The Harrah's-owned Rio Hotel-Casino claims the British rocker canceled a 2000 concert while recuperating from thyroid surgery. Thus, the company is seeking the return of $2 million paid to Stewart for the show, plus interest and attorney's fees.
As for his side, Stewart's lawyer, Louis "Skip" Miller, told reporters his client has been willing to reschedule and has offered to perform two shows for the price of one, but is not being permitted to do so. Further, Miller explained that the thyroid surgery "took him about 10 to 12 months to get his voice back" and now "He is able and willing to do these concerts for them." According to Morris, they actually had been willing to discuss another Stewart show, but wanted the singer first to return the $2 million. When Stewart declined, the company moved forward with the lawsuit.