Jason Derulo returned to Billboard 200's top 10 with his latest album, "Everything Is 4". Marking his fourth studio installment, the LP has made its debut at No. 4 on the chart with 37,000 equivalent units.
The record is powered by lead single "Want to Want Me" which is still climbing up the charts following its release back in March. The inescapable hit, which is also the most added track in the history of Top 40 radio, has just reached a new peak on Billboard Hot 100, landing at this week's No. 5.
"I put about eight months of blood, sweat and tears into this album," Derulo told ET Online when discussing the full-length earlier this month. During the chat, he also talked about the title, which he said had something to do with his roots.
"I actually wanted to involve four seasons," he explained. "Four is the number that follows us around. There's four legs on a chair, representing a strong foundation, and foundation is important to me because I come from a Haitian family and we literally started from the bottom and to where I am right now is just crazy. I'll always remember my foundation, I'll always remember where I came from and four seasons represents change."
Swalla (Feat. Nicki Minaj & Ty Dolla $ign)
Browse All Video
JASON DERULO BIO
Jason Derulo was born to Haitian parents on September 21, 1989 in Miami. He started making performances since the age of five and wrote his first song, "Crush On You", when he was eight. He recalled on from where he learned music, "I grew up as a huge Michael Jackson fan, studying his videos, copying all his moves. I'd practice singing Usher and Justin Timberlake songs while doing their moves." » more
- Watch: Jason Derulo Debuts 'Swalla' With Ty Dolla $ign on 'Tonight Show' Apr 08, 2017
- Jason Derulo Says He Would Love to Date Nicki Minaj Mar 22, 2017
- Jason Derulo's 'Swalla' Music Video Featuring Nicki Minaj and Ty Dolla $ign Is Literally Sweet Mar 18, 2017
- Listen to Jason Derulo's New Tropical Song 'Swalla' Ft. Nicki Minaj and Ty Dolla $ign Feb 24, 2017
- Jason Derulo Accuses American Airlines of Racism After He's Confronted by 15 Cops in Miami Airport Feb 09, 2017