Beyonce Knowles once again shows everyone who runs the world. Following numerous rumors, the singer surprise-released her new album "Lemonade" last month and immediately broke a handful of records.
Like her 2013 self-titled set, the new opus came along with music videos to accompany its 12 tracks. A film of the same title aired on HBO before the visual album was dropped exclusively on Tidal.
"Lemonade" received acclaim from critics upon its arrival. It then made its debut at No. 1 on Billboard 200, becoming her sixth solo LP to do so and making her the first artist in the chart's history to have their first six albums debut atop the list.
In the same week, all 12 songs off the album landed within Billboard Hot 100, prompting Beyonce to become the first female act to have 12 or more songs on the all-genre singles chart at the same time. She surpassed the record previously set by Taylor Swift with 11 tracks from 2010's "Speak Now".
In addition to the records it has broken, "Lemonade" has constantly been making headlines for some of its songs believed to be about Jay-Z's infidelity. On "Sorry", for example, Beyonce hints that her husband once cheated on her with another woman she only refers to as "Becky with the good hair."
In response to the tune, a lot of BeyHive launched vicious attack on Rachel Roy and Rita Ora whom they accused of being Hov's mistresses. The two have denied they had an affair with the rapper, though.
Browse All Video
BEYONCE KNOWLES BIO
Beyonce Giselle Knowles born on September 4, 1981 in Houston, Texas is an African-American R&B singer, actress and songwriter in the group Destiny's Child. Her father Matthew Knowles worked as Destiny's Child manager, while her mother Tina Knowles designed the group members glittering costumes. She once attended The High School for the Performing and Visual Arts in Houston, Texas before finally stepping into music business. » more
- KimYe Abandons Kids at Home While Attending Beyonce and Jay-Z's Daughter Birthday Party Jan 09, 2017
- Beyonce and Jay-Z Have the 'Biggest Fight Ever,' Daughter Blue Ivy Is Reportedly to Blame Jan 06, 2017
- Beyonce, Kendrick Lamar and Radiohead Are Confirmed as Coachella 2017 Headliners Jan 04, 2017
- Tina Knowles Quits Instagram After Jennifer Hudson Gaffe, Says Beyonce and Solange Warned Her Dec 30, 2016
- Beyonce and Jay-Z Decline an Invitation to Kim Kardashian and Kanye West's Party Dec 30, 2016