Lil Wayne is not going anywhere and definitely not straying from the chart despite his recent health scares that prompted rumor suggesting he nearly died. The Young Money prominent rapper is expected to return to the top spot on Billboard Hot 200 with his newly-released studio album "I Am Not a Human Being II".
Weezy is battling for the top stop on the U.S. album chart against Blake Shelton, who also just released new record "Based on a True Story...". The dreadlocked MC is predicted to easily beat the country music crooner by selling between 190,000 to 210,000 copies in its first week based on one-day estimates.
It's Weezy's first album since 2011's "Tha Carter IV". He sold a pleasing 964,000 copies in its debut week, posting the biggest sales week for a male solo artist of all time after Usher's "Confessions" (1.10 M), Garth Brooks' "Double Live" (1.09M), and another of his monster album "Tha Carter III" (1M) before Justin Timberlake barged in earlier this year with "The 20/20 Experience" (968,000).
In an effort to promote his new album for a better reception from the fans, Weezy is going to visit big cities across North America for a new America's Most Wanted Music Festival. This time around, he will take T.I. and Future on the two-month trek starting July 7 at Birmingham's Oak Mountain Amphitheater.
Skate It Off
Browse All Video
LIL WAYNE BIO
The newest addition to the many "Lil's" in the hip hop music industry, Lil Wayne, is a force to be reckoned with. His debut album, "Tha Block is Hot" (1999), went double platinum upon its release and even his lowest selling album is still certified as gold upon the album release by Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA). Despite his success in the music industry, Lil Wayne's childhood experiences, like many other rap and hip hop singers, were far from perfect. » more
- Lil Wayne, Wiz Khalifa, Imagine Dragons Share 'Sucker for Pain' Video From 'Suicide Squad' Jun 24, 2016
- Lil Wayne Returns to the Stage to Perform at E3 Days After Seizures Jun 16, 2016
- Lil Wayne Is in 'Stable Condition' After Seizures and Thanks Fans for Support Jun 15, 2016
- Lil Wayne Hospitalized After His Private Jet Makes Emergency Landing Due to His Seizure Jun 14, 2016
- Lil Wayne and Birdman Are Still Feuding After Settlement Talks 'Broke Off' May 25, 2016