Cassadee Pope becomes an overnight sensation following her win on the third season of "The Voice". Mentored by Blake Shelton, the Florida-born singer beat fellow team member Terry McDermott and Cee-Lo Green's protege Nicholas David on the final night.
The lead singer of band Hey Monday stood out since her day in blind audition. She got the attention of all the four judges with her cover version of Natalie Imbruglia's "Torn", but she got a big break when covering "Over You" on the live top 10 performance segment on the competition.
Through her rendition of the heartfelt song co-penned by her mentor about his brother who died in a car accident, Pope reached number one on the iTunes chart and knocked PSY's "Gangnam Style" down to number two. She performed the song again on the finale, leading to her big win.
At the age of 23, she becomes the youngest contestant to take the crown. She's signed to Universal Music Group. "If you were to take Taylor Swift, make it edgier with a just a little hint of country and make the lyrics a little more mature," she teased about the direction she's going take in her upcoming album.
Browse All Video
CASSADEE POPE BIO
Cassadee Blake Pope got the look and "The Voice", a lethal combination that can make her go far in the music industry. Born on August 28, 1989, Pope began pursuing career in music when she sang for the award-winning St. Ann School Jazz Band while in middle school in West Palm Beach. She would later perform with good friend Mike Gentile under another band called Blake, which is titled after her middle name. The band disbanded before even getting a label. » more
- CMA Awards 2015: Carrie Underwood and More Hit the Red Carpet Nov 05, 2015
- Carrie Underwood, Miranda Lambert, Cassadee Pope Stun at American Country Countdown Awards Dec 16, 2014
- CMT Music Awards 2014: Casadee Pope, Blake Shelton Among Early Winners Jun 05, 2014
- Cassadee Pope Premieres '11' Music Video Aug 29, 2013
- Cassadee Pope Returns to 'The Voice' to Perform 'Wasting All These Tears' Jun 05, 2013