Ellie Goulding has stormed the charts with her newest single "Love Me Like You Do". The song is currently sitting at No. 3 on Billboard Hot 100, becoming the British singer's first hit to enter the chart's top 3 since "Lights" that reached No. 2 back in 2012.
The new song did even better on the U.K. singles chart, on which it is now spending its fourth week at No. 1. It additionally holds the record for the most-streamed track in a single week in the region with 2.58 million streams and in the world with 15.5 million.
"Love Me Like You Do" was created by hitmakers Max Martin and Savan Kotecha along with Sweden singer/songwriter Tove Lo. It was actually recorded for the soundtrack of the controversial movie "Fifty Shades of Grey". The compilation set is also a huge success commercially. It debuted at No. 2 on Billboard 200 following its release in early February.
Goulding is now preparing her third studio album, a follow-up to 2010's "Lights" and 2012's "Halcyon". Back in November, the 28-year-old songbird confirmed that the new record would arrive later this year.
Browse All Video
ELLIE GOULDING BIO
Elena Jane Goulding a.k.a. Ellie Goulding was born December 30, 1986 in Lyonshall, a small town near Hereford. She was the second of four children from Arthur and Tracey Goulding who separated when she was only five. Tracey would later remarry to a lorry driver. Ellie began writing music and learning how to play guitar at the age of 14. She was also very involved in her school's theater, leading her to take drama course, politics course and English course at the University of Kent. » more
- New Boyfriend? Ellie Goulding Spotted Getting Cozy With Athlete Caspar Jopling Mar 29, 2017
- Back Together? Ellie Goulding Attends London Fashion Week Parties With Ex Dougie Poynter Feb 21, 2017
- Ellie Goulding Releases 'Still Falling for You' Video From 'Bridget Jones's Baby' Aug 26, 2016
- Listen to Ellie Goulding's 'Bridget Jones's Baby' Track 'Still Falling for You' Aug 20, 2016
- Ellie Goulding Cancels Two Upcoming Gigs due to Mysterious Health Issue Jul 14, 2016