Ellie Goulding has stormed the charts with her newest single "Love Me Like You Do". The song is currently sitting at No. 3 on Billboard Hot 100, becoming the British singer's first hit to enter the chart's top 3 since "Lights" that reached No. 2 back in 2012.
The new song did even better on the U.K. singles chart, on which it is now spending its fourth week at No. 1. It additionally holds the record for the most-streamed track in a single week in the region with 2.58 million streams and in the world with 15.5 million.
"Love Me Like You Do" was created by hitmakers Max Martin and Savan Kotecha along with Sweden singer/songwriter Tove Lo. It was actually recorded for the soundtrack of the controversial movie "Fifty Shades of Grey". The compilation set is also a huge success commercially. It debuted at No. 2 on Billboard 200 following its release in early February.
Goulding is now preparing her third studio album, a follow-up to 2010's "Lights" and 2012's "Halcyon". Back in November, the 28-year-old songbird confirmed that the new record would arrive later this year.
Browse All Video
ELLIE GOULDING BIO
Elena Jane Goulding a.k.a. Ellie Goulding was born December 30, 1986 in Lyonshall, a small town near Hereford. She was the second of four children from Arthur and Tracey Goulding who separated when she was only five. Tracey would later remarry to a lorry driver. Ellie began writing music and learning how to play guitar at the age of 14. She was also very involved in her school's theater, leading her to take drama course, politics course and English course at the University of Kent. » more
- Ellie Goulding Cancels Two Upcoming Gigs due to Mysterious Health Issue Jul 14, 2016
- New Couple Alert? Prince Harry and Ellie Goulding Spotted Canoodling at Polo Event Jun 08, 2016
- Ellie Goulding Denies She's Quitting Music, Says She's Just 'Having a Break' Mar 13, 2016
- Listen to Ellie Goulding's 'Here's to Us' From 'Girls' Soundtrack Feb 20, 2016
- Carrie Underwood, Sam Hunt, Ellie Goulding and More Announced as Grammy Performers Jan 28, 2016