Demi Lovato returns with another solid album, two years after releasing "Unbroken" which shares her struggle with bulimia and self-harming issues. Releasing self-titled effort "Demi", the young star continues to strive to "provide inspiration for girls everywhere who are going through the same issues I've faced."
She co-wrote almost every song on the album, with the help of team consisting of Ryan Tedder, Emanuel 'Eman' Kiriakou, Carl Falk, Rami Yacoub, Savan Kotecha, Ali Tamposi, The Monsters & Strangerz, Jonas Jeberg, Anne Preven and Matt Rad. One of them is "Warrior", a sequel to her 2011 emotional single "Skyscraper".
"I'm incredibly proud of this album, it's better than anything I have ever done! I experimented with a variety of different sounds and poured my heart into writing these songs. I'm so excited for everyone to finally get the chance to hear them!" she gushed in a statement.
The album entered at No. 3 on Billboard Hot 200 with 110,000 copies sold in its first week, marking her highest selling opening week so far. Across the pond, it debuted at No. 10 on the UK Albums Chart, becoming her first album to breach the Top 40 in the country.
The album was preceded by lead single "Heart Attack" which peaked at number 10 on Billboard Hot 100. It gave "The X Factor (US)" judge her third Top 10 single on the chart.
Silent Night (Honda Civic Tour Holiday Special)
Browse All Video
DEMI LOVATO BIO
Born in Texas on August 20, 1992, Demi Lovato is the daughter of Patrick Lovato and Dianna Lovato. She has an older sister named Dallas Lovato. In 1994, her father decided to move to New Mexico after his divorce from Dianna. A year later, her mother married Eddie DeLaGarza and Demi's new family expanded when her younger sister, Madison DeLaGarza, was born. » more
- Grammy Awards 2017: Bruno Mars and The Time Honor Prince, Demi Lovato Pays Tribute to Bee Gees Feb 13, 2017
- Joe Jonas Approves of Demi Lovato's On-Again Romance With Guilhermo Vasconcelos Jan 19, 2017
- Demi Lovato Rekindles Romance With Guilherme Vasconcelos After Splitting From Luke Rockhold Jan 04, 2017
- Watch Demi Lovato Belt Out Beautiful Rendition of 'Silent Night' Dec 20, 2016
- Mariah Carey Says She Doesn't Know J.Lo, Ariana Grande and Demi Lovato Dec 20, 2016