Why Did I Get Married Too? Comments

Why Did I Get Married Too?

Comedy, Drama

April 02, 2010

Tyler Perry

Tyler Perry, Janet Jackson, Jill Scott, Sharon Leal, Malik Yoba, Lamman Rucker, Richard T. Jones, Tasha Smith, Michael Jai White, Cicely Tyson, Louis Gossett Jr.

REVIEWS RATE:  Critics  Nothing's perfect, but it's worth seeing.    Readers  4 of 5 [Rate It]

I am so disappointed in this movie. Why did i get married one, had some plot and story to it. This one is just a mess. just the way someone has commented, in this movie, Tyler cut his talent short. there was alot of caricature, the hospital scene was rushed and tyler came out flawless. i mean, it cant be like that always. I think it was too forced, either because of the desire to get more money or just the fact that there was a writers block. Tyler give us what you are good at, this is way below average. am sorry

posted by Adot on Dec 30, 2010 05:39:18

Loved every moment of the film.

posted by Listen UP! on Sep 01, 2010 01:25:22

I'VE SEEN THIS MOVIE 2WICE NOW AND EVERY TIME I SEE THE SEEN WHEN JANET GOES CRAZY I GET SHIVERS RUNNING DOWN MY SPINE CAUSE YOU NEVER THINK OF HER TO BE LIKE THAT, YOU ALWAYS THINK OF HER TO BE A REALLY SWEET AND CARRING PERSON

posted by YOUKNOWME on Aug 29, 2010 06:59:34

Absolutely love Janet's character, but her character goes through hell throughout this film and JANET JACKSON IS THE HOTTEST FEMALE IN THIS MOVIE XOXOXOX

posted by sasha_4981 on Aug 29, 2010 06:51:22

I'd say I saw this movie 3 or 4 times it was the best note i had ever seen. When JANET JACKSON went crazy it was so different 2 c that because she seems like a sweet nice person. And when Gavin got in the car accident i almost started cryin it happened out of on where and u wuld wonder 'd he wuld live or die.It was intence. But I really loved this movie!!!!!

posted by Jamaica Love on Jul 10, 2010 06:01:00

I say this movie 3 or 4 times it was the best note i had ever seen. When JANET JACKSON went crazy it was so different 2 c that because she seems like a sweet nice person. And when Gavin got in the car accident i almost started cryin it happened out of on where and u wuld wonder 'd he wuld live or die. But I really loved this movie

posted by Jamaica Love on Jul 10, 2010 05:58:29

This is a movie people! Don't put too much into it. Just go with the flow. I loved this movie. Made me laugh, cry, and mad. Better then the 1st I must say. Tyler is the man. I watched all his movies and they keep getting better.

posted by laidback on May 15, 2010 11:59:52

Tyler, great job! My sister saw the movie twice in one day! I went with her the second time--I looked over and saw the tears running from her eyes--She could identify with Janet's character.

posted by Kiki on Apr 12, 2010 08:41:24

I'm also known for reading a car's odometer for validity in the truth of a man--love you Tasha! LOL

posted by aubre on Apr 12, 2010 08:38:21

I went to see the movie on yesterday. I must say that although I wasn't 100% displeased I wasn't satisfied either and here's why. Perry was able to show that each character had a flaw except himself. If his wife was cheating on him (emotionally)in my opinion there was something that HE was not doing. Secondly, the issue with Davin and Patty was never put out there. You have to assume that it has something to do with the death of their child. You don't get a real idea of what the issue could be until the end of the movie when Davin says, "I've been waiting 15 years for you to love me". Angela was OVER THE TOP; too much drama. Lastly, I thought the vacation was for one week. I think we maybe saw two days :( The ending was cheesy. Hugs don't fix things in real ife. We need real solutions. I think it could have been much better.

posted by punkin26 on Apr 08, 2010 06:19:57

I was disappointed in this movie.......I think Tyler Perry is a GENIUS...BUT, he let me down on this one...the story lines were so heavy that I felt they were left unfinished...these issues he tapped on needed more then a HUG to make them all better. I felt that with these issues this movie could have been 3 hours long...the ending was a VERY NICE surprise, BUT it was a little cheesey, took the movie back to a Madea type, which this movie definitely was NOT....Perry cut his talent short....hopefully theres a 3rd that will make up for the 2nd.

posted by Just Love on Apr 06, 2010 12:17:30

Tyler,me n my mama really loves this movie. we are hoping you make another just like it.It very gud n im ur #1 biggest fan..U really did it diz time..LOVE YA..

posted by Shine on Apr 06, 2010 09:54:42

I appreciated Tyler's effort but it had good parts but I was dissappointed He made all the women crazy, unsastified and unappreciated of a "supposely a Good Man". The ending killed the build up of the movie. Again women move on!

posted by dimples on Apr 04, 2010 08:53:00

This movie was so good, it was funny, it was sad, and it had a whole lot of drama. Tyler Perry is amazing. And there is something you will not be expecting at the end of the movie. OMGZ...LOL it was really good.

posted by yoyoyoy on Apr 03, 2010 12:01:47

I could have waited for it on video. The same drama, and the end seemed choppy and rushed. Please let this be the last one.

posted by rgladVA on Apr 02, 2010 09:55:10

I never listen to the critics..I always seem to like the movies they put down...I loved the first Why did I get Married...and can't wait to see the sequel.

posted by Cathy on Mar 26, 2010 12:14:35

I'm with you Cathy. Critics don't know what I like. What i like most about his movies is that even in the comedy part their is a good sound moral at the end. I loved all the characters in this movie.

posted by sassy49 on Mar 26, 2010 01:05:31

i can't wait to see this movie. i can watch why did i get married over and over and over again and still love it. i know why did i get married 2 will be just as good if not better than the original.

posted by nelliemell on Mar 24, 2010 12:48:40

Does anybody know where the premier is??

posted by Jim&ii on Mar 06, 2010 07:41:12

Just glad my girl Janet is keepin it moving. I'll be there on opening day as I have been with all of Janet's projects!

posted by Chatttn01 on Feb 12, 2010 11:17:35

Let me just say in all my life i have never watched the same movie 5 times in one day until "why did i get married? I am so exicted to see TOO can't wait.

posted by Jan on Feb 12, 2010 02:31:00

oh my God i totally loved 1 and cannot wait for 2, the cast is amazing, the couples are the perfect match. Great work Tyler

posted by p on Feb 12, 2010 02:26:11

I can't wait to see this movie. I knew there had to be a sequel!!! April 2nd, here I come!

posted by strawberriebliss on Jan 04, 2010 10:25:54