The Vampire's Assistant Comments

The Vampire's Assistant

Fantasy, Adventure

October 23, 2009

Paul Weitz

Chris Massoglia, John C. Reilly, Ken Watanabe, Ray Stevenson, Salma Hayek, Josh Hutcherson, Jane Krakowski, Willem Dafoe, Patrick Fugit, Kristen Schaal

REVIEWS RATE:  Critics  Nothing's perfect, but it's worth seeing.    Readers  4 of 5 [Rate It]

cool pics bra

posted by lolo5500 on Mar 10, 2013 07:21:06

this movie is greaat i want to kmow chris hes really cool dont know him but want to get to know him

posted by megan french on Dec 03, 2012 02:01:15

i love the vampires assistant.. and i espesially like Mr.Crepsley.. and i relly hope mr.crepsley and the other awesome actors make a second movie.. if the makers dont it will ruin my life..!

posted by nicholle smith on Jan 11, 2011 03:21:45

This movie was really good! as a media student i thought the plot and actors were well done but i belive some of the graffics where rushed but i am dieing to find out what will happen next please please please let there be a sequel!!!

posted by Beth+media on Nov 09, 2010 08:47:38

Well first off, I AM IN LOVE WITH JOSH HUTCHERSON !! <3 And I havn't read the books yet, but I am going to. This is my favourite movie (besides the 'Twilight Saga' movies' and Josh Hutcherson is SO HAWT! He's an amazing actor too :) I LOVE YOU JOSH HUTCHERSON !!! <3 <3

posted by JoshHutchersonForeve on Oct 02, 2010 09:19:32

I AM IN LOVE WITH THIS MOVIE! I REALLY WANT YOU GUYS TO MAKE A SECOND ONE! ALSO, I LOVE JOSH HUTCHERSON !!!

posted by JoshHutchersonForeve on Oct 02, 2010 09:07:44

blah

posted by suger on Sep 28, 2010 07:36:00

the movie was great even though the storyline was complete bullcrap.they over dramatized the battles and nothing ever happens until vampire mountain starts. what i hate though is where the h@#L DID a monkey girl come from it said debby was black so did they jus decide to put a monkey in there. steve didnt come till the 10th book,but i like the special effects on their powers. the books are byfar better.

posted by murlough on Aug 10, 2010 05:47:38

mr.cresply he was awesome in the books and he is awesome now and mr.cresply can like finish off ten vampaneze and i wish mr.cresply blooded me.

posted by nick55 on Jul 06, 2010 09:43:13

debbie is black if you've read the later books, in which shes older, he even says shes black and not just dark skinned

posted by brianna on Jul 06, 2010 07:07:16

It was totally different and i like the books sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much better. i guess it will have to do.

posted by vampanezeslayer on Jun 08, 2010 05:59:30

i have yet 2 read the books, and am afraid it might change my perspective, i watched this movie about six times this weekened alone, i know absessed oh well, but it was awesome, wen i found out that John Reilly was in it, i was about to shut off the t.v. but it was AWESOME!!! XD im so glad it didnt, i dont think anyone couldve played it better, cant wait for the next one XDDDD

posted by Obsessionof MOON on Mar 15, 2010 08:11:32

the book series was awesome but the movie changed completely..does any one know when it comes out on dvd?

posted by Alexis on Mar 02, 2010 03:39:09

i love this movie too much and i find darren HOT! Though hate it that all the people are saying "down with the monkey girl!" cuz i find a great part in the movie :) LoVe Da MoViE

posted by StopBeingMean on Mar 01, 2010 05:27:21

the movie seams alot different from the books but it looks f.....ing awsome

posted by vampdude on Feb 25, 2010 05:26:03

i love the movie it was the best movie every i want to know if there is a second movie on the way . and the mokey girl was amazinghow is wasnt scared about the vampire love the hole thing

posted by vampiregirl on Feb 21, 2010 09:06:36

i know i didnt like debbie, but the monkey girl wasnt in any of the books and the actress that played her looked like a baby faced horse

posted by downwithmonkeygirl on Feb 13, 2010 03:07:23

i just wanna know one thing: What's with the monkey girl???? not that i liked debbie...

posted by giggles on Feb 08, 2010 05:32:19

Its awesome movie!!!! But book was way better..!!!!

posted by Fannnnnn1 on Jan 10, 2010 11:39:59

This movie is awesome!!!! Everyone could see it and still love it! But it is a lot different then the book but still good! Go see it today!!!

posted by Hollistergirl2512 on Jan 10, 2010 08:26:23

way to add a perfectly good movie with a retarted monkey girl not even in the books!

posted by stupidmonkeygirlshou on Dec 23, 2009 06:56:38

Well, when I first watched the movie, I couldn't take it seriously because fo John C Reily. Lool, the words " Chest Pubes and Ball fro" and "Boats and Hoes" was running through my head. But after seeing it again, I realised that he was perfect for the part.

posted by Jennifer on Dec 14, 2009 05:25:43

I AGRee what the hell????

posted by AnonymousIs Leagon on Dec 05, 2009 12:57:13

FEAKING AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted by Fan on Nov 23, 2009 12:44:30

I loved john Relly as crepsley, he was funny and charming, i didn't much like the new girl. they should have just stuck with debbie i mean wtf?. & y did they change cormic limbs into a chick?. anyway despite that it was a great movie. and loved the books.

posted by Kikiyo212 on Nov 20, 2009 02:47:34

posted by Kikiyo212 on Nov 19, 2009 04:28:30

I loved the movie, and I love the books. But I have to say the movies were much more humorous than the books. I loved it, and I can't wait for more!

posted by JoshHutcherson! on Nov 13, 2009 05:07:46

i saw it most definatly the best movie of the year

posted by vampies22 on Nov 12, 2009 07:08:00

the cirque is great im on the 8th book

posted by allstar22 on Nov 07, 2009 08:45:41

Its awesome

posted by dragon51 on Nov 07, 2009 08:41:39

I LOVED this movie so much! Every thing about it was perfect!

posted by Valerie on Nov 06, 2009 07:46:36

THIS IS THE BEST MOVIE I HAVE SEEN. CHRIS MASSOGLIA IS SO HOT. WE SHARE THE SAME B-DAY TOO. WOOP WOOP. BUT HE HAS A BETTER FAN #

posted by CHRIS #1 FAN on Nov 06, 2009 03:20:35

posted by CHRIS #1 FAN on Nov 06, 2009 03:20:35

posted by CHRIS #1 FAN on Nov 06, 2009 03:20:35

posted by CHRIS #1 FAN on Nov 06, 2009 03:20:35

posted by CHRIS #1 FAN on Nov 06, 2009 03:20:32

I watched the film and I loved it! It was amzing. Freaky and funny and cool. :)I just started to read the books so I am going to see the comparison between them soon. So yeah oerall wonderful film!!!

posted by O_oMagicO_o on Nov 02, 2009 01:04:13

ok any one who says john reily shouldnt have been the vampire which i thought he did an awesome job who should it be? he added that bit of humor that every movie needs

posted by ....040490 on Nov 01, 2009 11:18:21

i thought it was amazing.I met Darren Shan, the author, for the 2nd time last week and he said that he enjoyed it alot :)

posted by zahra on Oct 26, 2009 09:33:42

who is the chic with the tail kissing Darren in the movie trailors?

posted by dslove on Oct 24, 2009 03:45:38

The movie was awsome but some the songs songs i loved in the movie arnt in the soundtrack, i could have sworn there where songs like chealsea dagger and some others that i want to get but arent on the sound track, anyone know why that would be? or have the songs, that they rember when they saw it???

posted by Dervy1o1 on Oct 24, 2009 02:17:08

Actually I HAVE read the book, and she is African American so that kid was right. Why don't you read agian? Anyways Bryanna McLain got auditions to play Debbie Hemlock, who will most likely be in the movie....look her up on google...she looks the part to me

posted by matt on Oct 24, 2009 01:09:52

Can't wait. The reviews make me wanna see the movie on opening day.

posted by Hawkfire on Oct 06, 2009 07:55:32

I CAN'T WAIT!!! I really think that Josh Hutcherson is cool. I also wanna see some vampire interpretation other than Twilight and New Moon.

posted by Hawkfire on Oct 06, 2009 07:54:16

i know that they've changed debbie and they've changed a lot more than just that but give them some slack. it is hollywood. the movie is obviously not going to be exactly like the books. to tell the truth i'm extremely dissapointed about them changing debbie. but i say we atleast give the movie a chance. i mean rebecca looks kinda cool. overall i think it's going to be a good movie. just give it a chance. and if it's a disgrace to the books then we have the right to complain. but we all have different tastes in movies so it's hard to say. hopefully it's good because i believe that it is.

posted by difference on Oct 03, 2009 08:51:36

i can't wait for the movie. i've read all of the books and even though many things are changed in the movie, i'm sure it will be great. I don't know what i was hoping on for the cast beforehand, but i think that who've they picked and what they've made for the movie will do the books at least some justice.

posted by anoymonous on Oct 03, 2009 08:45:48

Look, this is going to be different. Very different, it should be. Don't take offnse. Even works of great writers like Shakespeare and Agatha Christie are not, and should not be used as recipies. You use the source material as inspiration. Remember that, or you will be disappointed ion any and every remake(except a shit one like harry Potter) This is not the Larten Crepsley from the books. It may be inspired by him, but it is not him. If you want things to be exactlythe same, just read the book over again. Otherwise keep an open mind and enjoy the film. But don't be ignorant and expect a work not written, directed or cast by Darren S. to be the same as his books. Its made by different people with their own imagination.

posted by martine on Oct 01, 2009 04:06:36

REBECCA SUCKSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!

posted by doannghi on Sep 16, 2009 03:41:40

i like the books and all but i think they picked bad actors for this movie so i don't know how to rate it

posted by doannghi on Sep 16, 2009 03:33:45

Sorry but to whoever said Debbie is not black. It clearly says that she is in the books. She is definitely not Latino. The books are based in the U.K, the really are no Latino people over here anyway.

posted by SamA on Aug 08, 2009 07:05:16

i love the books and john c reily looks the part yes but his voice wont suit mr.crepsly....

posted by april on Aug 05, 2009 06:53:29

This movie is going to fail epically.

posted by Jay on Aug 04, 2009 05:44:39

when's the trailer release date? i've read all the books and i love them. i desperatley want to see the trailer! DX

posted by cirquedufreaklover on Jul 31, 2009 02:28:55

i love the books i finished them since last year and i am dying to see the movie good thing they changed the movie date from january 15 2010 to october 23 2009 I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!! (i really don't care who plays Mr. Crepsley we all the books are always better than the movie)

posted by shanfan on Jul 18, 2009 11:37:47

I love the books hopefully the movies just as good

posted by Snoopy710 on Jul 16, 2009 12:44:46

I love the books hopefully the movies just as good

posted by Snoopy710 on Jul 16, 2009 12:38:34

i agree, wtf is with John c riley, he doesnt suite mr crespley in the slightest bit

posted by jakebs on Jul 15, 2009 04:55:54

ive read Book 1 2 3 4 and so far there really good

posted by bloodprincess on Jul 13, 2009 10:24:12

i cant wait for it to come ouuuuut! i loved cirque du fre3ak! the whole series was amazing!

posted by xxsoinluvwithbananas on Jul 01, 2009 11:02:20

i think that this movie is gonna be AMAZING! i cant wait to see it. they picked the best actors to play the characters!! I love Cirque Du Freak!!!

posted by Darren Shan Lover!! on Jun 16, 2009 12:31:08

this movie is gonna rock i dont care if john c reilly is going to be in it i read all the books i really was addicted to all of his books im now reading the demonta series its ok but its no cirque du freak

posted by fatcat2000 on May 27, 2009 12:50:08

I wonder what book it gets up to? I`m going to die in suspense waiting for this movie to come out!

posted by Skull Wander on May 25, 2009 08:12:01

omg this movie is going 2 rock. can't wait till it comes out

posted by JoshHut on May 25, 2009 01:26:03

I hope this movie is as good as the series, so far i don't think John c reily fits the part as creepsley, and isn't Truska suppose to have bolnde hair, are thye gonna give Salma Hayek blonde hair? I think Patrik Fugit is excellent for Evra Von!

posted by EvraVon on May 19, 2009 12:03:08

Wow does any body even care that they changed the whole character of debbie. The name and the ethnicity all have to say is WTF

posted by Mrs.Freak on May 11, 2009 12:36:40

THe cirque du freak books are ******* AWesome yea how is John c. reily mrs.crepsley he doent fit the charcter

posted by Blood Zero on May 11, 2009 03:27:00

there is only one way we/I can save the movie kill jhon c reily

posted by someguy on May 07, 2009 01:19:25

Are they only going to make 1 movie for all of the books?

posted by MEEE23 on May 06, 2009 03:33:20

I LOVE THE BOOKS!!! Cant wait to see the movie

posted by JoRdAn on Apr 27, 2009 02:50:49

ok, well i gotta say this, Josh Hutcherson (Steve) and Chris Massongolia (Darren)ARE HOT!!! i love this book tho

posted by highlandergirl158 on Apr 24, 2009 10:51:31

I STILL CAN'T BELIEVE IT!

posted by A.O.C. on Apr 06, 2009 08:31:37

I'm VERY excited about the movie but i'm very worried i'm gunna be disapointed with the Cast... (John C Reilly)

posted by Angel of Sin on Apr 06, 2009 08:30:16

I always pictured Larten as the guy who plays Snape from Harry Potter. And in the book Daren was twelve but, I think they chose a great actor to play Darren.

posted by Gen on Mar 29, 2009 07:11:24

i can not take John Reilly seriously,i really can't

posted by nickmax on Mar 23, 2009 03:52:56

i think John Reilly has bitten off more then he can chew with playing Larten. He's a good actor but only good for comedy and this is far from it. If Christopher Lee was young enough, he would be the perfect candidate.

posted by dude on Mar 19, 2009 06:32:48

Can't wait for the movie, I Think Larten Crespley should not be John C.Reilly hes a good actor but no...

posted by Dra_hennessy on Mar 13, 2009 07:18:22

Evra had better be cute! He was my second favorite character in the whole darn thing. (Mr. Crepsley having slot number 1...)

posted by River on Mar 12, 2009 09:41:04

Larten Crepsley was completely different in my eyes. I understand about one's own imagination...but I also think that they have missed the mark by a long shot. Like Lily so kindly put it, I can only hope that his acting makes up for his looks.

posted by A.C.S. on Mar 12, 2009 09:38:36

I agree with Anony. I think Larten Crepsley isn't done justice while John C. Reilly has the role. However, the man is a good actor. One can only hope that his skills on screen make up for his less than fitting appearance. As for the rest of the movie, I hope that the it is made as dark, real, and close to the books as is possible. Otherwise I fear the worst for the movie portrayal of one of my favorite book series.

posted by LilyBolt on Mar 12, 2009 09:36:13

the series it self is one of the best ones i read so many twist and action no doubt the movie will be great

posted by BMC on Mar 06, 2009 01:49:46

So far this film isn't winning my attention. I love the Cirque Du Freak Saga , but lets face it... the movie looks overdone. Crepsley doesn't look his part-- and I understand that everyone has their own interpretation of a character, but I think it is just too far off the margin. But maybe I am wrong? As far as I know, movies never seem to follow the book.. such as Eragon, Blood and Chocolate, Etc. I hope Darren Shan knows what he is doing =/

posted by Anony on Feb 27, 2009 07:21:22

how many movies are going to be?

posted by hapoelavni on Feb 21, 2009 05:04:30

I rekon this is gonna be good, mabey even better than the books

posted by FAN on Feb 19, 2009 06:35:39

this is sweet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted by fan on Feb 07, 2009 11:22:10

this better be good

posted by jake on Feb 04, 2009 11:52:26

shanfan, actually debbie hemlock isnt african american, shes latino or sumthin like tht, not black tho.....read again.....

posted by williamsev007 on Feb 01, 2009 10:22:48

this movie is kinda bad the guy who plays mr.crepsley does not look the part and debbie is supposed to be african american read the books!

posted by shanfan on Jan 31, 2009 12:32:20

I con't wait for the movie to come out. I'm especially excited because the movie come out onn february 13th of 2009 and that is five days after my birthday

posted by cirquedufreakfreak on Jan 04, 2009 02:11:10

LOVE IT

posted by Dskitten on Jan 04, 2009 01:11:55

so far i love all of darren shan's books this movie better be awesome!

posted by darren shan fan on Nov 29, 2008 05:36:53

I BETTER SEE EVRA VON THE SNAKE BOY!!!

posted by ASu1999 on Nov 23, 2008 12:51:43

I have read all the books, and i love them, i wonder if there going to put it as the book in the end og the siers... it's sad lets say... :')

posted by oneandonly on Nov 15, 2008 12:37:04

I've read 9/12 and i'm addicted to the series!!! When the movie comes out, EVERYONE will want to read the books, so I'd read them now while the gettins good, if I were you!

posted by Diamond on Nov 04, 2008 12:24:30

I only read 6 of the books but what I had read this movie is going to kick ass

posted by ken29 on Oct 16, 2008 04:36:13

i have read the whole series of books and i am squeamish to think there is actulaly a movie coming out ahhh!!!! im soooo excited i just wonder what age ratin it is

posted by frany on Sep 04, 2008 00:00:00

debbie is in it, but she will be known as rebecca

posted by b0b on Aug 25, 2008 00:00:00

Agreed about John C being Mr Crepsley, and I am sad such a sweet kid is playing Steve. But I think it will be really awesome. Great books. Also, I didnt see casting for Debbie... that would be pretty disappointing if she wasnt it in.

posted by Meamueph on Aug 18, 2008 00:00:00

its actually not a bad idea if u have ever seen anny of his seriouse movies like in gangs of newyork

posted by alarocca2010 on Jul 28, 2008 00:00:00

may i just say the cirques are awesome but how in the **** is john c reily Mr.crepsley

posted by fatcat2000 on Jun 25, 2008 00:00:00