Home > Movie > T > Tropic Thunder > Comments

Tropic Thunder Comments

Tropic Thunder

Comedy, Action

August 13, 2008

R

Ben Stiller

Ben Stiller, Jack Black, Robert Downey Jr., Matthew McConaughey, Nick Nolte, Brandon Jackson, Steve Coogan, Danny McBride, Bill Hader, Tom Cruise, Jay Baruchel

REVIEWS RATE:  Critics  Go! Watch this movie. You'll regret if not seeing it.    Readers  4 of 5 [Rate It]

Unbelievable!I wanted to watch something funny to unwind.I read the reviews below before watching this crap!No way 5 stars. Typical Ben Stiller.Same Character different movie.I'm done with him.Disappointed in Tom Cruise as well.Don't waste your time like I did!!!!

posted by Eagle Dude on Oct 02, 2010 06:45:05

one of the funniest movies i'v ever seen.

posted by johnbuchanan on Apr 26, 2010 09:57:14

tom cruise. nuff sedd

posted by rdog on Oct 15, 2009 10:16:53

pgDQAv

posted by Bgmwaqcq on Jul 14, 2009 12:30:37

This movie ROCKED!!! I only wish it was rated PG-13 cause there were a few scenes that were a bit much....but overall it was great....and I LOVED Robert as the man, disguised as a dude, playing another dude!! Classic!! I was raised on a military base and he hit the nail on the head....my Dad had alot of good black friends and he brought them all back with his portrayal....I'm a minority and found nothing about his role offensive...if anything, he took me back to those old days....Thanks, Robert!!

posted by Cindy on Jul 06, 2009 04:16:49

In the movie if you look under Special Features it will have a “DreamWorks Publics Service Announcement”. This will tell you about RESPECT(ing) those with intellectual disability’s.

posted by chicksiwm on May 22, 2009 10:38:17

Sorry for the typos people... anyways does anyone know the name of the song that Tom Cruise is dancing to at the end? "get back - you don't know me like that"???

posted by berealcre8tive on Mar 02, 2009 05:26:30

This movie was hillarious! I reccommend everyone who is not easily offended and that has an open mind to see this movie as it pokes fun at every actor who has ever studied for a part, trailers, addicts, bad acting, good acting, just every aspect that national lampoon and chevy chase and all the good ones left out; they hit with this extremely hysterical portrayal of actors stuck in a real predicament they have no idea how to deal with... whomever wrote this should get an oscar! (BY THE WAY, the sountrack is awesome!)

posted by berealcre8tive on Mar 02, 2009 05:22:31

good

posted by 1234 on Jan 08, 2009 05:19:02

very good

posted by rrrr on Jan 08, 2009 05:17:25

Isn't it funny that when a white man depicts a black man, a lot of black people get upset, but when 2 black dudes play 2 white chicks for example almost every white dude/chick laughs his/her ass off...and they say ol' whitey's uptight! Lighten up Kaye, you cracka! As for the retard thing, or even the war thing for that matter, one of Stiller's main motives for making this movie was to hold a mirror in front of Hollywood. He thought it was stupid how actors playing in war movies went to bootcamp to get into the role, or how others 'studied' mentally impaired to be able to act it...it's a comedy dufus, it's not ment to be taken seriously, do your research man!

posted by dude on Dec 16, 2008 01:12:01

3 degrees in what? gym? either way, I do not understand why someone as intellectually elevated as you would not understand that us 'ordinary' people with 'ordinary' lives do not like to be so bluntly talked down to by some ignorant book-smart snob. Oh and by the way, I'm working on a few degrees myself; it's not as hard as it looks. P.S. the movie was flawless.

posted by j3llybon3s on Nov 26, 2008 08:55:40

mega monster super movie!!!!!!

posted by tarzan on Oct 04, 2008 06:49:19

Who left the fridge open?

posted by Mike on Sep 25, 2008 07:56:57

As a person with 3 degrees and as a African American in the entertainment industry, I saw the humor and was humiliated at how blacks were portrayed. There is a bigger picture that most people with ordinary lives just don't get.

posted by Kaye on Sep 24, 2008 11:51:30

first time In a long time I ever saw a movie twice and laughed my butt off cant wait for dvd release

posted by striker on Sep 23, 2008 09:16:24

"This movie should never been made. I am a Special Olympics athlete and an advocate for those with intellectually disabilities. Tropic Thunder is an insult to us and where never see this movie." so....your retarded.... thats why you dont like this movie faggot

posted by ...awesome! on Sep 08, 2008 00:00:00

chickswim dont be a son of a whore

posted by chickswim is gay on Sep 08, 2008 00:00:00

posted by chickswim on Sep 06, 2008 00:00:00

man this should get a award for the lead farmer part alone other than that its a funny movie

posted by gamerskull on Aug 27, 2008 00:00:00

literally, the funniest movie, i have ever seen.

posted by funniest movie on Aug 22, 2008 00:00:00

It was kinda funny but Pineapple Express was WAY WAY WAY better. Not very many movies can get away with "FUCK THE POLICE" in it.

posted by Pineapple Express on Aug 22, 2008 00:00:00

hilarious, stiller is the man

posted by Jenson02 on Aug 20, 2008 00:00:00

the whole movie theatre was in hysterics for most of the movie

posted by ukjules on Aug 20, 2008 00:00:00