The Sound of Music Live! Comments

The Sound of Music Live!

Musical

December 05, 2013 (TV Premiere)

Beth McCarthy, Rob Ashford

Carrie Underwood, Stephen Moyer, Audra McDonald, Laura Benanti, Christian Borle, Grace Rundhaug, Joe West, Michael Nigro, Peyton Ella, Sophia Anne Caruso, Ella Watts-Gorman, Michael Campayno

REVIEWS RATE:  Critics  Not quite bad, but it's not recommended either.    Readers  4 of 5 [Rate It]

I enjoyed it more than the original version.

posted by Lou on Feb 06, 2014 11:04:31

I loved the original Sound of Music. I grew up with it and have watched it many, many time. I certainly enjoyed this Live version. I think that Carrie Underwood was awesome. The entire cast did a good job. It just brought back so many memories from my childhood. Job well done!

posted by Diane on Dec 14, 2013 10:52:32

Carrie was amazing; the broadway people overacted for TV. Their words meant nothing, just broadway overacting. Carrie carried the show; to the end she was the driving force of the program. Others made mistakes that were obvious, even Audra. Good job, Carrie

posted by cathrynpaulette on Dec 07, 2013 12:15:21

Very entertaining

posted by Lisa on Dec 06, 2013 12:02:04

I really don't care what other people say... I love this version and especially Carrie Underwood as Maria!!!!

posted by actgirl090 on Dec 06, 2013 10:55:11

Carrie Underwood has a beautiful voice but her acting is weak. The worst part was the script and staging. Horrible!!!

posted by Mark L. on Dec 06, 2013 03:57:10

Very entertaining, amazing, actually, when considering this was filmed like a Broadway play. Good job by all -- especially Underwood.

posted by Fisherman on Dec 06, 2013 02:48:55

Spent a little time in TV and understand the work. Spent a little time around musical talent. "Sound: was a breakthrough in modern television. Sometimes the old is just what we need. To future country singers you now have a goal to reach. Good Luck. Great job to everybody involved even Walmart for financing.

posted by Jimlb on Dec 06, 2013 02:31:33

Singing is amazing, but the as a whole, it cannot hold a candle to the original.

posted by bb on Dec 05, 2013 09:42:02

Great show. Glad nbc took a risk. Bravo!

posted by The sound of music l on Dec 05, 2013 09:31:45

I am enjoying this. I am a big fan of Carrie Underwood, but I have loved Sound of Music since I was a young girl. Just awesome, Carrie is stunning and the acting is great!

posted by Huge fan on Dec 05, 2013 08:55:49