The Secret Life of Bees Comments

The Secret Life of Bees

Adventure, Drama

October 17, 2008

Gina Prince-Bythewood

Dakota Fanning, Jennifer Hudson, Queen Latifah, Alicia Keys, Hilarie Burton, Sophie Okonedo, Paul Bettany, Tristan Wilds, Shondrella Avery

REVIEWS RATE:  Critics  Nothing's perfect, but it's worth seeing.    Readers  5 of 5 [Rate It]

lovely movie,but it did made me cry aswell

posted by selam on Sep 18, 2010 08:00:56

The Best Movie Evahh i.Love.Itt!! <3 ;)

posted by BumbleBee on May 27, 2010 05:41:04

What a wonderful movie!! I was touched of how the Boatwrights loved Lily even for the color she was. I bought it on DVD the moment i heard it was. 5 stars to the best movie of the year!

posted by Bernie7447 on May 20, 2010 10:23:46

i just loved it so much!!! very touching

posted by lovely on Feb 07, 2010 11:51:23

i love it not

posted by pbnik on Oct 27, 2009 11:09:36

really quite good.

posted by rdog on Oct 16, 2009 06:46:50

GREATEST MOST BRILLIANTLY MASTERED FILMS OF THE DECADE 5 STARS

posted by JACOB ! on Aug 31, 2009 02:56:05

TsInQt

posted by Parvsrgf on Jul 14, 2009 09:35:02

this movie is my favorite movie of all time.i love it!!!!!

posted by superswimmer on Mar 26, 2009 06:40:24

It's been good so far, but I haven't finished it!

posted by MAI on Feb 17, 2009 01:45:44

Not for everyone. I'm sure there's alot that wouldn't like this movie because it's too "feel good". But I so very much loved it.

posted by The secret life of b on Feb 06, 2009 05:32:13

i freakin loved this movie. i watched it the day it came out !!!!!!!

posted by isimplyfr3sh on Jan 11, 2009 01:11:15

This movie I haven't seen yet, but I cant wait to!

posted by gainfield1 on Jan 07, 2009 05:29:16

it is a very great story !

posted by kimchi on Dec 22, 2008 02:06:26

Oh my god ! That was so good ! If 100 stars existed I would of put it ! My favorite movie by far. I can't wait for the dvd to come out!

posted by Myriam on Dec 14, 2008 10:28:18

posted by Myriam on Dec 14, 2008 10:28:08

I LOVE THE MOVIE AND THE BOOK AMAZING

posted by izzim321 on Dec 09, 2008 05:32:36

To sweetsaphie-Mermaid Chair was tv movie with Kim Basinger

posted by Tammy on Dec 08, 2008 10:12:31

oops forgot to rate it

posted by sweetsaphie on Dec 05, 2008 01:37:51

i so loved the book i keep it like a bible, i cant wait to buy the dvd , has anyone read the mermaid chair , its also fantastic hope she makes that into a movie

posted by sweetsaphie on Dec 05, 2008 01:36:19

Anyone know when the soundtrack will be available. I keep checking Amazon but they don't seem to have it.

posted by BoDiddle on Dec 01, 2008 09:07:37

I've read the book and the day I heard the movies was out, I called my sister and we went. The movies put a face to the everyone. I want this DVD so bad I feel like a little girl who is sitting on Santa's lap and saying "All I want for Christmas is The Secret Life of Bees DVD.

posted by maria1451 on Nov 28, 2008 08:08:37

For all those who gave bad reviews I'd like to ask you a question...Did you read the book? Because if you did i'm sure you would have a totally different opinion.

posted by sarah on Nov 21, 2008 04:41:52

Hey Alicia.... don't give up your day job!!!

posted by Two Thumbs Up on Nov 20, 2008 10:41:09

This movie is soooo good....and it does depict what really happened during this time.

posted by antcook18 on Nov 18, 2008 10:51:44

This movie was amazing!! I have never cried at a movie before, but this onw brought me to tears instantly! i was so suprised how amazing it was. I absolutely want to get this movie on DVD and i don't see how a person can write a bad review!

posted by hp on Nov 16, 2008 12:56:35

this movie was really excellent! many metaphors .. evoked many emotions.

posted by mgirl on Nov 14, 2008 09:47:28

brilliant movie shows what its like to grow up with friends like family. Enjoyed it very much.

posted by sal on Nov 03, 2008 03:41:15

+++++I would give this movie so many more stars if i could. I loved this movie. i saw it with my boy friend and we both laughed and cried. it is not just a chick flick its great for guys and girls. its been a while since ive seen such a good movie. I LOVED THIS MOVIE!!!

posted by kitcub67 on Nov 02, 2008 11:52:30

This movie was one of the better ones I've seen lately; it made me laugh, cry, laugh, and cry even more! I loved it!

posted by Savanna Page on Nov 01, 2008 06:01:18

Queen Latifah will you marrie me lol; one little thing im 14 lol I hope to see you in another movie.!! =]

posted by Brodie S. Allen on Oct 30, 2008 08:56:23

I loved this movie and im a guy that should deff tell you somethimng.This has to be like my favorit movie EVER.

posted by Brodie S. Allen on Oct 30, 2008 08:54:19

awesome movie without a doubt

posted by whatup on Oct 29, 2008 06:34:34

This book is my favourite book, so when I heard a movie was coming out I got really excited. When I saw the movie I felt really bummed because it went by so fast, I mean April is barely mentioned, I think it's crucial to know that May's twin sister killed herself, as for May. I love who plays May, but breaking into tears wasn't how it happened, she started to hum a song first, and then..cry, May's whole break down and then sudden suicide didn't happen in a matter of 30 minutes. I think it should have been longer and more things elaborated, so that this movie didn't seem like it was rushed through. Great scenes, but they were like vignettes. I advise all those who watch the movie or are planning to, to read the book first, because had I not read the book first I would have been bored and wouldn't have cared so much, and would have been blown away by the sudden death of May before I had even gotten a chance to connect with her in the movie like I had in the book.

posted by K on Oct 28, 2008 08:09:29

It felt really rushed.

posted by K on Oct 28, 2008 08:04:29

Too bad those few felt they had to post bad reviews - this was an excellent production. Great cast, all believable. I wasn't prepared to like it because the book was so good, but was pleasantly surprised. Anyone know where it was filmed?

posted by JME on Oct 28, 2008 04:57:39

how can anyone say this movie is terrible! shame on you...this is one of the best movies i have ever seen. I cried, laughed...beautiful movie, i can't wait to buy it and watch it over and over again.

posted by emily on Oct 21, 2008 09:29:14

Best one I've seen in a while. Very moving and emotional and great acting all around. Will see again.

posted by Sam on Oct 21, 2008 06:31:47

Cowboys, you make no sense. Please check your spelling and grammar before posting anything; it makes you a less credible critic. I cried, laughed, and was emotionally moved. Hats off to the ladies!

posted by Bilan on Oct 21, 2008 05:02:09

What the he double l were u people looking at? Keys looked and talked kie someone was whispering her lines to her, poor acting skills. Queen tired to talk and act like she was sharing wisdom,b ut talked so slow you could figue out were she was going in her lines. Hudson just looked busted. She dont have to worry about winning any awards here. Her wise cracks were to eddie haskel to me. borning movie nothing to rush out to see.It should have stayed a book the movie was not worth the money.

posted by cowboys on Oct 20, 2008 11:40:31

Im seeing it today, but it looks really good!!

posted by cat on Oct 19, 2008 08:25:25

I saw it last night, and it was so amazing. I cried from beginning to end. If you haven't seen it already you should.

posted by erikachristine on Oct 19, 2008 01:03:44

IT was sooo good, I loved reading the book and I the cast was an excellent pick.

posted by hizoz on Oct 18, 2008 12:50:45

this was an amaizing movie...i have never cried so much while watching a movie before...all of the stars give excellent performances...i had no idea dakota could act like that...she is a force to be reconed with...

posted by mz.BEE on Oct 18, 2008 12:35:30

I really enjoyed it and the book is great

posted by bxj93 on Oct 18, 2008 06:57:09

BRAVO!!! The movie did the book justice, as is seldom the case. each actress nailed their parts. Alicia Keyes was a pleasant surprise. Go see it, sit back & enjoy a great story.

posted by Sherri58 on Oct 18, 2008 06:19:51

posted by Sherri58 on Oct 18, 2008 06:19:00

very moving!

posted by Carol on Oct 17, 2008 11:28:38

its sucks

posted by was up on Oct 17, 2008 10:30:07

hello avery one, this movie is must to go see as you can see it has many of stars in it.i was apart of this movie as extar bystander in i had the biggest time of my life! i hope avery one get a chanes to see it god bless all who had a hand in this movie!

posted by jon b on Oct 12, 2008 06:54:38

I read this book and it was a very good book. I hope this movie is as good as the book!

posted by kayla0394 on Oct 09, 2008 09:08:32

I am very excited about this movie and I can't wait to see Jennifer Hudson in action again. And to pbNik: there is nothing wrong with Dakota's dialogue. If you ever see her in interviews she speaks very well and clearly. Its called "acting" for a reason and she played her part very well. If you would have paid attention to the synopsis you would have seen that the movie is set in South Carolina in the 1960s and Dakota's character has a Southern dialect. If you knew anything you would know that Southerners are known to be fast and slurred speakers, and Dakota portrayed that very well being that she is from the South (Georgia to be exact). So pbNik stick to your day job and leave movie critiquing and coaching to the professionals.

posted by peaceofmind on Aug 26, 2008 00:00:00

i loved the book.. it is one of my favorites! Dakota I think you will do amazing playing the part of Lily.. i cant wait

posted by hollywoodgirl on Aug 19, 2008 00:00:00

Beautfiful cinematography. Ummm...interesting clip. But I had trouble understanding one of Dakota Fanning's lines. I had to turn up the volume & rewind a portion of it several times to get what she was saying! I had to do that with her parts in some of "Dreamer" as well! Dakota, you're a nice kid & all, but as an actress, you've got to learn to speak your dialogue a LITTLE CLEARER!

posted by pbNik on Aug 07, 2008 00:00:00