The Princess and the Frog Comments

The Princess and the Frog

Animation, Comedy, Musical

December 11, 2009 (Wide)

G

John Musker, Ron Clements

Anika Noni Rose, Bruno Campos, Oprah Winfrey, Terrence Howard, Keith David, Jenifer Lewis, Michael-Leon Wooley, John Goodman, Ritchie Montgomery, Jennifer Cody

REVIEWS RATE:  Critics  Go! Watch this movie. You'll regret if not seeing it.    Readers  5 of 5 [Rate It]

it sucks monkey balls

posted by bball on Aug 03, 2010 10:36:22

I really enjoyed this film.i liked it more than the pixar films

posted by sandra batty on Apr 19, 2010 06:00:51

i love dis movie

posted by shorty on Mar 22, 2010 06:10:07

I think this is one of Disney's finest movies.

posted by Janiya on Mar 21, 2010 10:42:52

This movie was WONDERFUL! As a black mother from New Orleans, I have to hand to Disney, they truly captured the essence of this great city I call home. Finally we have a hard working beautiful black woman for our daughters to look up to, that in the end achieves her goals through hard work and tenacity! BRAVO Disney! Truth Teller, it is black women like you who hold us back. Get over it the world owes you NOTHING!

posted by African-Princess on Feb 25, 2010 06:09:49

This movie was great! The colors make you feel as if you really ARE in the New Orleans. It combines the perfect amount of sadness, music, comedy, and that perfect jazz-y type of felling. If you want to see it but missed it in the theaters, it's told to be released on DVD in may or april of 2010. Definetely an instant classic!! Don't go without seeing it!

posted by Kids_To_Kids on Feb 15, 2010 12:51:40

Directed by JOHN MUSKER and RON CLEMENTS,a veterans of Disney movies such as MICKEY'S HEFFALUMP MOVIE,THE LITTLE MERMAID and ALADDIN.

posted by Dominic on Jan 29, 2010 01:17:30

My 3 old princess-loving daughter absolutely looooved this movie. I truly loved it myself! The music, the storyline, the colors... overall a FANTASTIC classic Disney movie. They really delivered on this one. Can't wait to get it on DVD!

posted by PrincessMomma on Jan 27, 2010 01:54:05

I can't wait to see this movie. I'm sure it's going to be great and my daughter will love it.

posted by PrincessMom on Jan 22, 2010 09:00:27

great movie

posted by bet on Jan 08, 2010 10:43:53

This movie is one of the best movies I have ever seen in my life.Everything about this movie was awesome.It was set in the 1920s in New Orleans,Louisiana and it had everything right about Louisiana. The voodoo thing is new but it set an awesome plot-line and it put a twist into the story "The Frog Prince". Disney Animation worked so hard and did so well on it. I want to work in Disney Animation because of all the great movies they made in the past (including this one as well). The songs in the movie I can listen to over and over again. My friends,my sister, and I love to sing along to them (we listen to them everyday). This movie set a really great message for little kids. Everyone can wish for something but you can help that wish along with hard work. Dr. Facilier's song, "Friends on the Other Side" was so awesome It was my favorite song in the whole movie. So everyone who hasn't seen Disney movies,including The Princess and the Frog, hasn't lived. The Princess and the Frog made me laugh till I couldn't feel my sides anymore and it made me cry my eyes out till the theater filled with me and my friend's tears. I clapped so much after the movie was over my hands were red. I give this movie INFINITY THUMBS UP AND MORE!!!!!

posted by CartoonLover159 on Jan 07, 2010 08:30:58

This movie is the best Disney movie EVER. I love it sooooooooo much that I watched it 5 or 6 times! Definitely better than most Disney's Pixar films and worth the money spent making this. It really shows Louisiana culture well and isn't racial or anything. I give this movie a definite million thumbs up ^_^

posted by ThePrincessAndTheFro on Jan 07, 2010 08:18:18

This movie was wonderful and Tiana is an exceptional and model princess for all -- from little girls to young women. I can't wait until the DVD is released! Thanks for another wonderful classic, Disney Pixar!

posted by Overjoyed on Jan 05, 2010 10:20:05

This movie is an absolute treasure!

posted by JP on Jan 05, 2010 10:16:30

Excellent! does anybody know when it comes out on dvd?

posted by Me on Jan 04, 2010 11:56:13

loved the movie s good!

posted by LittleOne on Jan 02, 2010 03:02:02

good

posted by ert on Dec 30, 2009 11:12:31

I saw it today and absolutely loved it!

posted by Sandywolf on Dec 29, 2009 10:45:37

I absolutely loved this movie, it's a long time in coming. People in the theater were clapping. I laughed, I cried, I love this movie. They did a good job in capturing the flavor of N.O. I will also be 1st in line for the DVD

posted by LaBorn&Raised on Dec 27, 2009 03:43:34

Ha this movie was amazing I took my little sister and had fun. To all blacks like truth teller who say this is embrassing need to stop acting so stuck up this movie was great and if. Tianna was named Ella and white you would not care. The some say mama odie is a horrible character to be black I thought she was pretty funny and even reminded me of my aunts and grandmothers when I was little and they were around (not the voodoo part). And the voodoo is not a insult either when all Disney films have magic even in them even calling it black magic sometimes but when they say voodoo you scream devil magic

posted by That guy on Dec 25, 2009 03:10:39

Incredibles....sorry..

posted by Snowcloud8 on Dec 23, 2009 02:34:43

PS I didn't get to comment on the actual movie itself. it was truely a spectacular hit!I laughed, I cried, I fell in love with the movie. I absolutely adored it! They portaid Naveen so swave and handsome, i almost went head over heals. And tiana, wow....just simply wow. It's about time a princess shows some spine by showing how the real world works by working hard to achieve your goals and to not lose yourself in trying to accomplish them. also proving that true love can come in small, very(green)unexpected packages. Ray and Louis were a hoot! i had to bite my tongue just to avoid laughing right then and there. it was a great way to show were Ray ended up. I'm not spoiling it but for u spoilers out there, check the story plot on wikipedia. although nothing is better than seeing it in person. props to all who stuck up for this movie (DaNxtTiana, Princess Tiana22, boxed, and many others...u kno who ya r) and Disney for creating a movie I haven't wanted more than once since "Meet the Robinsons", "Wall-E" and "The Incerdibles". I can't wait 'till it comes out on DVD! I'll be first in line this summer, garunteed!

posted by Snowcloud8 on Dec 23, 2009 02:32:50

i agree with Princess Tiana22. Truth Teller, u need to check ur evaluations. u posted a comment before the friggin' movie came out. how the heck would u kno if it was bad????? unless u r 1 of the people who created the film, i say put a cork in it 'till u see the movie. THEN u can judge it. fyi just because u dont like the movie, shouldn't mean u should punish ur daughter by not seeing it. it's G rating for lord's sakes, not R. its a FAMILY movie! it says so in the genre.and if she prefers pixar, just let her try it not because of the 2D animation, but because of the enjoyment. plus, i'm pretty sure that a 6 yr. old wouldn't comment on the movie for the lighting and backround and style. just how the fun and exciting the movie was. and if she still doesn't like it, at least she tried it out and can say she saw the movie.another thing, when did King Tut and Cleopatra get into the story!?! wat the heck does that hav 2 do with a princess kissing a frog???? how could u just asume Maldonia was in Europe. Maldonia could be an island. they never said where it was alright? its made-up. not all royalty comes from Europe u masjonestic sterotypist! it looks like u got issues with whites vs. blacks during the olden times. and it sounds like ur friends were around during that time too. it happened OKAY!?! its over! done! finito! PS u r NOT so over it but u better get over it! plus, just because she's a frog during most of the movie, does NOT mean they're prejudice against african-americans. she is the 1st african american princess so be grateful! also i'm pretty sure Princess Jasmin is not white nor is she from Europe. plus, they added Ray because that kind of accent(Cajun) is found in southern states like Louisiana so he would hav that appearance. plus he is a Cajun firefly. it kind of fits. plus, he supposed to be a character the kids would enjoy like Dory or Boo. also, Mama Odie is a 197 old lady. if i lived in Louisiana, picked up the accent, and lived 2 be 197, i would look like that 2 and u kno it! she's just showing affection for her pet like i'm pretty sure almost every single person on this planet does. and so wat voodoo is in the movie? wat better villian than a mix of Jafar and Ursula and an awesome ability? double the action and magic! Mama Odie & Dr. Facicier are a perfect example that there is good magic and bad magic in the world, showing the constant battle of the deities of good and evil, showing that good always triumps over evil in the end. ur daughter is going to eventually lose her innocence and when it happens, it might as well come from u instead of a bad crowd telling her otherwise, which is wat happens to many parent/child relationships. another thing, the guy is supposed to sound like he comes from another country!i dont think the audience would fall for a prince that sounded like he just came from around the bayou. it would spoil the whole mood of the movie. i hav no hard feelings against u TruthTeller but, I sugest u ponder before u write a nasty review, which im pretty sure is why many magazines said that Disney was predjudice against african-americans, which MIGHT hav been influenced by ur comments. like the texting commercials, give a ponder before texting, which in ur case is commenting. just go see the movie yourself before u judge. That's like saying u hate an outfit before u even see it. it's unfair. i enjoyed it very much. i was actually disappointed that it is only 1 hr and 35 min. im sure if u saw it through a child's eyes instead of through an adult's eyes, u would come to find it funny, heart-pounding, and an excellent portail of a romance story.

posted by Snowcloud8 on Dec 23, 2009 02:11:31

i freakin' loved it. i have seen it like 5 or 6 times already. to the haters out there, get off of your freakin' high-horse, it's a d*mned cartoon. enjoy it.

posted by boxed on Dec 23, 2009 01:11:57

I found the movie offensive to both blacks and whites alike. A missed opportunity to raise kids to live in the present.

posted by honest on Dec 21, 2009 12:40:25

EVERYONE THAT SONG OR MADE THE MOIVE ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! =)

posted by ABBY on Dec 21, 2009 05:12:21

I LOVE LOVE IT. IT'S TEACHING IT'S A POWERFULL MOVIE!!! =)

posted by abby on Dec 21, 2009 05:05:02

BEST movie EEEEVVRRRRR!!!!!!!!!

posted by Gr8est on Dec 18, 2009 06:09:40

This movie was incredible. The vodoo was a little out there but it made you feel like you were really in New Orleans. I have always (since birth literally) been in love with cinderella... now she hasn't even been on my mind. i still love her but this has taken over like a tyrant! the story, twist, and irony kept me on the edge of my seat.... in a disney princess movie! but i would recomend this to everyone no matter what. and my neices(5 & 7) love it!

posted by DaNxtTiana on Dec 17, 2009 07:20:07

this movie was SOOOOOOOOO good!! i'm so buying the DVD when it comes out!!

posted by Santora on Dec 14, 2009 01:49:20

Going into this movie with no expectations but hoping that it was going to be good, I was not disappointed. Watching it, I found it hard to think about criticizing and found it just really magical and captivating. Maybe it's not the best movie in the world, and not Disney's best princess or animated movie, but it definitely deserves to be a classic.

posted by Remaining Anonymous on Dec 12, 2009 12:24:12

Truth Teller u trippin..This movie is going to be great and do very well at the Box Office.She is thr FIRST African American Disney Princess that has to stand for something.And yes the Vodoo is wrong But thats not all the story is about.And if you want to get all Mad and catch an additude maybe you should read the original Princess and the frog and see what really happened so you wont take it as Racial Discimination.Anyway I'M going to go see it Tonight and can bet I will LOVE IT!!!!!!

posted by Princess Tiana22 on Dec 11, 2009 04:16:31

I can't wait to see the movie. It seems very interesting um

posted by Natasha on Dec 05, 2009 04:22:53

I WANT TO SEEIT!!!

posted by Spyrodan87 on Dec 03, 2009 06:07:06

Long live Princess Tiana!

posted by Chocolate Chp on Nov 29, 2009 10:37:03

I'm going to love this!

posted by ello on Jun 01, 2009 11:45:42

yay im waiting for this!

posted by Mii on May 10, 2009 02:43:26

i think this movie is going to be great!

posted by camideto57 on Mar 31, 2009 09:45:49