Home > Movie > O > Obsessed > Comments

Obsessed Comments

Obsessed

Drama, Thriller

April 24, 2009

Steve Shill

Idris Elba, Beyonce Knowles, Ali Larter, Scout Taylor-Compton, Christine Lahti, Bruce McGill, Christine Lahti, Ron Rogge, Jerry O'Connell, Richard Ruccolo

REVIEWS RATE:  Critics  Not quite bad, but it's not recommended either.    Readers  4 of 5 [Rate It]

oh i've love that film and i love beyonce. she's a very good singer and actress also. hope to see her in even more films. YOU ROCK BEYONCE!!!!!!!!!

posted by cynthia on Aug 17, 2010 08:44:01

In this movie i thnk beyoncé gives a phenomenoun performance like, omg! Is that realy miss"b".:-)

posted by Beyoncé\'s number #1 on Jun 15, 2010 08:32:20

I love the O'Connell man and even his acting skills were less than. The sexual scenes were awkward and unexciting to say the least. Glad I got this one free from the library.

posted by hotlegz on Oct 09, 2009 11:28:44

beyonce is da best. the movie wouldnt be the same without her.i never thought she would be as good as an actor as she is a singer but she proved me wrong

posted by movE luvr on Sep 29, 2009 11:00:46

OBSESSED sucks with a capital S*U*C*K!!!...in ALL catagories, especially BK's acting.

posted by Guytano Parks on Aug 30, 2009 10:31:38

I love this movie. I love Beyonce, but I do think she needs to work on acting a little. There were a few scenes in the movie that she did awesome. The scene at the hospital, she did really good. There were a few parts where she could have worked on. Overall it is a great movie. Ali really did an amazing job, as well as Idris. I would recommend it to anyone.

posted by QueenBitch on Aug 24, 2009 10:42:33

This actually a good movie to me. Ali Larter really played her part well! I wasn't disappointed at Beyonce's performance, to me she can't act, so it was expected. She's a great singer though.

posted by Temeasea on Aug 17, 2009 01:03:08

this was the best movie out this year! i loved it they all did a great job acting. and the people that say beyonce cant act u must be smoking crack! does anyone know when this comes out on dvd?

posted by nicoleg26 on Aug 09, 2009 12:52:12

kFWNb3

posted by Gbvxnxdt on Jul 14, 2009 11:13:14

As a fan of all villain characters i say that Ali Larter is really a bad bad girl.She ever plays the most beatiful-crazy-sick-&-evil characters like Lisa Sheridan,Jessica Sanders etc.Ali is an amazing actress and perfect villain,she's the best!!!

posted by T1000 on Jun 26, 2009 02:16:26

Great Movie!

posted by Gemma on Jun 10, 2009 04:18:05

It is so real,so real,it reflects the reality so perfectly.Great job

posted by Mark on Jun 06, 2009 07:55:51

BEYONCE IS GREAT.WONDERFUL MOVIE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted by Dee on Jun 06, 2009 07:54:26

It is an excelent movie,and what's great about it beside actors,is the fact that this kind of thing happen' in real life too !

posted by Lee on Jun 06, 2009 07:52:29

Beyonce is very talented actress!Can`t wait to see the movie!

posted by Nadia on Jun 06, 2009 07:24:54

<BIG><BIG><BIG>BEST MOVIE EVERR BEYONCE YOU ROCKK!!!:)

posted by heatherr on May 25, 2009 07:08:16

i luved it

posted by bknowlesFan on May 24, 2009 12:45:20

I enjoyed the movie and Beyonce did a great job with her role.

posted by B_Fann on May 17, 2009 11:33:46

ok this wat i think i thought the movie could have been better the previews looked like it wwas going to be like the best movie ever and the fact beyonce was in it duin her thing it mad the movie way better i thought this movie was a real good movie for her!!she is fine as hell sexy as and can act and sink she has it all.i luv beyonce.all ya haters need to shut up tawkin shit.....

posted by zach dark on May 14, 2009 07:31:14

Stupid dummy nigger movie, with white hoe and more dumb nigger acting..why did this movie get made?, go see Star Trek and educated your small pea sized brain.

posted by Youdummynigga on May 12, 2009 01:02:59

great movie!!!!

posted by senka on May 10, 2009 12:26:17

Um who ever thinks that beyonce is a bad actress needs to be shot lol. um she is really great and this movie was AMAZING!

posted by Beyonces-best on May 10, 2009 08:18:58

beyonce u r the boss. that's wat we call ass kickiin. u go girl

posted by chewee on May 06, 2009 09:14:53

Beyonce is a good actress.. And I thought this movie was worth watching. I LOVED IT :D

posted by BEYONCE:) on May 06, 2009 07:04:36

wow too many hating people, and not to be racist but most of yall thats hating so much is white...[yes im black] and i think that this was the best movie this year; Beyonce aint gotto worry about yall she go plenty of fans that love this movie. And well she getting paid aint she? More than yall hefers lol Peace =]]

posted by <3candieboo. on May 05, 2009 06:27:09

so incrediblay good!Beyonce, you were awesome

posted by fan on May 05, 2009 04:33:15

Wonderful movie ! Loved it

posted by dxadfas45 on May 04, 2009 12:01:39

Enjoyed the movie. Nice to see a female fighting another female over her child and not her man!

posted by Boosie on May 04, 2009 09:22:45

Beyonce is not an actress mainly because of how over-dramatic she always is, not because she's a "Singer" and "Dancer", but she was convincing when being angry and violent, which makes me skeptical of her true personality, LOL. But, the movie was good...until the ending. Why'd the screen freeze on Beyonce's face and just Idris's chin, as if the movie was all about Beyonce from the start and not the both of them? Other than that, the movie was like sex without orgasm, that's how I felt coming out of the theatre.

posted by JazzyB on May 04, 2009 01:50:10

I luv'd this movie and all the actors, it was worth the money, cant wait for my hubby to see it b/c I would luv to see it again..

posted by dmhudsonluv on May 02, 2009 07:20:16

i havent even seen the damn movie........but i looks fucken tight! thats the shit right there, u do ur thing bby!

posted by da shiznit on May 02, 2009 05:02:54

it was good 8 out of 10!

posted by K.i.R productions ( on May 02, 2009 01:35:36

Ok I like Beyonce but I have never been a fan of her acting skills. However she actually did good in this movie. The movie kept me interested and I actually stayed to watch it so it had to be descent compared to "cadillac records"... I had apologize to my fiance for dragging him to see it... Obsessed kept me tense, which says alot about a movie .... If a movie makes you have some sort of feeling or physical reaction ...then its good

posted by Seriously on May 01, 2009 04:09:01

i was actually laughing at how bad it was. embarrased for everyone whose name is in the credits.

posted by hateditsomuch on Apr 30, 2009 11:11:32

vey few movies these days are original screenplays. understood. if you are going to make a movie that, essentially has been done before, it must be done amazingly. not amazingly DRY or UNDERWHELMING. like a remake of famous song, you must use what is already there to INSPIRE something new. no, it does not have to be a oscar caliber shakepearean play. although people argue about what constitutes oscar caliber. this movie seemed to have made a checklist based on a series of " husband has an actual or psuedo affair with another woman and the the wife or girlfriend of said man and other woman and wife comes to blows" type movies and made sure that they had every thing on the list in the movie but thay forgot to do it impeccably. and that is what upsets me. I need the best acting, the best dialogue, the best on camera chemistry. i don't care if i'm watching jackass: the movie. i want to remember the line and say every part of that made sense for what they were trying to do. the character: NO ONE SEEMED UNNECESSARY. i just didn't get the most out of the movie. I think they should have went back to square one with the writing, recasted and rethought the scenes. very unsuccessful

posted by nyscorp on Apr 30, 2009 07:52:50

is this movie appropriate for 12 year olds? im thinkin about taking my 12 year old daughter and her 15 year old sister to see this. is there any suggestive material? thanks very much, fire-and-ice-mom99

posted by fire-and-ice-mom99 on Apr 30, 2009 07:19:43

The movie is great! Everyone always hates on Beyonce but I say she does at great job at everything so...stop giving her a hard time! She has a heart just like you do!

posted by Meli on Apr 30, 2009 06:50:02

All three main actor/ actresses did well with their characters.Elba trying to supress his UK accent was perfect for this role. Larter, who wouldn't want her stalking you, showed her versitility as an actress and was indeed the star in this one. Knowles played a believable single secretary turned wife not over acting her particular role and displayed a gorgeous dream-wife for a man who once was a player. The degree of acting from all three was appropriate for this script.

posted by Reggiebuff on Apr 30, 2009 06:08:45

I thought it was great Ali was crazy, Beyonce was great.

posted by obsessed on Apr 30, 2009 02:19:25

awesome awesome movie!!!

posted by sydney on Apr 28, 2009 11:51:31

please don't act beyonce.stick to singing

posted by 007cece on Apr 27, 2009 10:06:59

The movie has a great plot line, and Beyonce has really improved a lot with her acting she is awesome in everything she does.

posted by Stassi Greene on Apr 27, 2009 09:19:11

Beyonce is great. On stage performing and w/her acting. Excellent movie. 5 stars. This really happens. I'm glad Idris was faithful! If not I don't think I would've enjoyed as well. The two were great together in this movie. We need to see more of B on film. The both looked fabulous.

posted by B Fan on Apr 27, 2009 09:00:28

I meant to give this movie 2 stars not 3 (as shown in my last post). The 2 stars is for the director fooling the millions of folks that paid to see this movie this weekend. could have rented FATAL ATTRACTION & saved yourself 10 dollars. seriously & thats not hating---its the TRUTH.!

posted by Butterflies on Apr 27, 2009 06:24:37

I saw the preview for this movie, and I wouldn't spend a single cent on this movie simply because I saw it already. It was called "FATAL ATTRACTION" & it stared Glen Close & Michael Douglas! OBSESSED is the same exact thing-just a different title, different characters. I can wait for this to hit DVD in 6 months (still may not get it. SAVE YOUR MONEY FOLKS!

posted by Butterflies on Apr 27, 2009 06:19:25

awful movie. hated it. sucked

posted by ck1234 on Apr 27, 2009 03:54:11

I went to see this movie over the weekend and it's an remake of "Fatal Attraction". I couldn't quite "feel" the chemistry between Beyonce & Idra. This is defintely an DVD movie.

posted by LadyT on Apr 27, 2009 01:01:18

GO C DA MOVIE ITS DA SHIT AND ITS RAW AND BEYONCE AND IDRIS DID THERE THING

posted by TRU BEYONCE & IDRIS on Apr 26, 2009 09:13:42

ACCORD.1 YO FUCK ASS MUST BE POOR OR JUST DUMB ASS FUCK CUZ DIS MOVIE WAS WORTH IT

posted by TRU BEYONCE & IDRIS on Apr 26, 2009 09:10:21

The movie was okay. It should have been shown on Lifetime fist. People would have enjoyed catching this movie on Sunday evening on the Lifetime Channel.

posted by CoCo on Apr 26, 2009 03:17:13

Worth the money!!

posted by meh on Apr 26, 2009 01:04:26

BEST MOVIE EVER!!!!

posted by tha shit on Apr 26, 2009 01:03:23

IF YOU HAVE NOT SEEN THIS MOVIE, GO SEE IT!!! HAS TO BE ONE OF THE BEST MOVIES I HAVE EVER SEEN. - DEFFINITELY EXCEEDED MY EXPECTATIONS! BEYONCE PLAYS AN AMAZING PART AS WELL DOES ALI LAUTER.

posted by LOVEIT on Apr 25, 2009 12:26:02

Beyonce started off a little rough with her role. However when she finds out about Lisa, she really takes charge of her part. Good movie that i will watch again.

posted by C-DZ on Apr 25, 2009 10:25:03

Too many Beyonce haterz on here...Give the girl some credit, she didn't have to go to theater arts schools to become an actress, she has natural talents...besides being a singer, dancer, fashion designer...She was good ass hell in this movie especially at the end when she had to fight her..She seemed more crazy than Ali was...I give this movie 5 stars...B did her thing....And if you don't like Beyonce don't go see the movie or anything with her affliated with...Don't be haters, be APPRECIATORS...

posted by MN Diva on Apr 25, 2009 10:12:38

Idris is a great actor hes very good at covering his english accent. they are great together

posted by Beautiful on Apr 25, 2009 05:02:45

Idris and beyonce made a good team in this movie... hes great at covering his english accent.

posted by tameika on Apr 25, 2009 05:01:19

The movie was great. Idris and beyonce played it perfect

posted by iamvalsky on Apr 25, 2009 01:52:36

This was a predictable film but I knew that going into it. From the begining I called how she was going to die because they did the ooh no don't step there thing blah blah but it was entertaining enough that I didn't get to upset with that. The acting with Beyounce was kinda lame though with the way she delivers the lines but not to bad. Wait for the video to come out on DVD

posted by Natalie on Apr 24, 2009 12:58:57

wow !!!! beyonce was good!! brought it on like a true texan

posted by beaumontgirly on Apr 24, 2009 10:08:57

I gave it 2 stars for the other actors; Beyonce can't act please continue singing. Her part was very small and even that wasn't good. Sorry! I had free preview tickets last night I should have waited until it was on late night.

posted by newtothis on Apr 24, 2009 06:23:53

Predictable, predictable, predictable and Beyonce is an aweful actress.

posted by vargas on Apr 24, 2009 01:35:49

I am not trying to be mean but this has to be the worst movie I have ever seen. I actually found myself feeling embarrassed for the actors.

posted by leowrite on Apr 22, 2009 05:00:37

Beyonce CAN NOT ACT!!!! Ali Larter and Idris Elba are the main focus of this movie. Beyonce is not convincing anything except on stage shaking her booty! She is not a convincing actress, she needs to learn how to speak as well. Stick to singing and shaking your booty Bey!

posted by NonoB on Apr 13, 2009 12:05:16

i cant wait

posted by pootiecutie on Apr 08, 2009 10:55:41

cant wait to see this

posted by camilyah on Mar 28, 2009 08:37:05

Well i think this movie will be such great movie cuz Beyonce Knowles is a great actress since she started so i can't to watch her Beyonce is the greatest

posted by anthony on Mar 26, 2009 08:50:36

I THINK BEYONCE SHOULD OF BEEN THE STALKER TO HELP HIGHLIGHT HER ACTING SKILLS, THIS IS SOMETHING DIFFERENT FOR HER. ALI LARTER IS THE MAIN FOCUS OF THIS FLICK

posted by SP on Mar 21, 2009 08:30:15

IT'S GOOD TO SEE B IN A CHICK FLICK, BUT HER VOICE IS TO SOFT FOR THIS MOVIE, BUT AM GLAD TO SEE HER DO SOMTHING DIFFERENT, CAN'T WAIT TO SEE IT

posted by SOPHIA on Mar 21, 2009 08:27:30

Beyonce is very dry and predictable. Sorry, just can't pay to watch her. This girl is not an actress. The clip shows the real stand out is Ali Larter

posted by loa on Feb 26, 2009 08:20:51

This Movie looks like it's gonna be soooo good....Beyonce is such a great actress even though she started 7 years ago...People really just knows her as a singer but this movie is gonna prove to them that she is a GREAT ACTRESS!

posted by YAY!! on Feb 20, 2009 10:04:51

BEYONCE' has really stepped up her acting game. Seems like this movie will further proof she is not just a singer trying to act. She was great in Cadillac Records. But it is refreshing to see her in a role with no singing.

posted by loves1embrace on Dec 17, 2008 09:14:11

I really think that Beyonce is a good actress. People fail to see her any other way from being on stage, singing, dancing, etc.

posted by b-fan on Dec 13, 2008 05:55:58