Home > Movie > M > Marching Powder > Comments

Marching Powder

Drama

TBA 2012

Jose Padilha

Don Cheadle

REVIEWS RATE:  Critics  N/A    Readers  5 of 5 [Rate It]

Has this or when will this movie be released, I read the book years ago and when I heard about the movie I was stoked... Hurry up already!!

posted by belladreamz on Jul 19, 2013 06:13:30

It's the story of Thomas McFadden's experiences in San Pedro Prison, but the book is actually written by Australian author/lawyer Rusty Young. When is this movie actually being released? It's an important book to many readers & travellers alike, with a huge following by a generation of backpackers; they better not stuff up the movie.

posted by KALEVASA on Jan 03, 2013 08:56:00

When When When is Marching Powder released? Cannot Wait!!!!

posted by SammieB on Oct 07, 2012 04:17:08

Myself and many others have read this book many times and are awaiting for the release of this movie....as a true story this is incredibly unbelievable. This is part of the reason, I think this would be an awesome movie to bring to the big screen. While we wait, we will keep reading this over and over again...must find my copy of the book which has passed through many hands!

posted by Ruchie on Sep 26, 2012 10:11:33

Have read the book and thought it was a great read!! Hope they dont over glamourize it too much!!! Looking forward to the film!!!

posted by Urbanography.co.uk on May 12, 2011 07:16:55

I just read the book and deeply touched by the events taken place in San Pedro Prison.Women and children living in solitary cafes and Resturants inside the prison,Corruption from uniformed delegates and guards what a journey for Thomas Mcfadden and Rusty. Young.Posted by Billy Marr Mar30,2011 19:18:40

posted by Billy Marr on Mar 30, 2011 04:19:38

I just read this book and was only thinking that this would make a great adaption. I would of loved to see what a director like Danny Boyle would make of it. I think personally he would bring that dark edge to the big screen with dark humour perfectly balanced. He managed to achieve this with trainspotting. I believe a filmsin the making let's hope they don't make a mess of it !

posted by Cornish pixie on Jan 25, 2011 05:50:16

linda i can tell you that marco is for real the roberto mentioned in the book. i am is brother and i also know everything about those story on the book,my brother was there and he knew thomas i also talked to thomas at the time. it is been three long years of pain for my family and for marco(roberto) foremost.

posted by andrea on Dec 15, 2010 08:10:43

I have read the book.....my brother was actually one of the prisoner at the same time, is also memtined in the book with the name roberto.....his been there just under three years. when i went to brasil to meet him i could not reconaize my brother. tough life in there

posted by andrea on Dec 15, 2010 08:00:16

in the process of listening to the audio version of the book,was thinking it would make a killer movie,if casted correctly,cant wait to see it!Awesome story!

posted by jeffp on Nov 28, 2010 02:26:04

As a young American in the 1970's and 80's, I spent several years incarcerated in San Pedro. I knew one of the characters in the book quite well, although the author changed the character's name per his request. The book is well written and quite accurate, however I could add many more stories of humor and horror of this prison.

posted by roondog on Jul 27, 2010 07:01:05

well the book is great and will make a good movie. just sad that its 70 percent truth and the rest is dramatized by thomas making himself look better and more important than he really was. but still a great story of the most unique prison ever.

posted by johny on Jul 23, 2010 04:18:01

Anyone who enjoyed this book would love Cloud Garden with a similar experience of two men crossing the Darian gap from Panama to Columbia and were kidnapped by militia men. Based ona true story. Also World's most Dangerous places is an interesting read and a big juicy book covering all the scary places in the world based on one man's experience who has been kidnapped and also helped get kidnapped men and women back. Happy readinG!

posted by yeonathan on Jun 18, 2010 10:03:57

I'm from Bolivia, exactly the same city as the prision is located, La Paz; when I read the book I was amazed and the same time I felt sad to find out a reality that people live in my country. me and some friend (that also have had read the book) we all went to do social work at prision, and it was subreal being there after reading the book, so sad see all those little childs playing in a jails ground. OMG it is an unbelievable experience. I can't wait to see the movie.

posted by Andrea on May 20, 2010 02:42:51

I read the book a while back but by far one of the best reads ive had...

posted by sionain on Apr 30, 2010 10:55:38

I live in La Paz and was amazed at some of what I read. My EU students are having a book-night to discuss it over some beers...

posted by Steve on Apr 27, 2010 05:01:06

Just finished the book! Loveddd itt!! So excited to see the film - Marco below, Are you for real?!

posted by Linda on Apr 09, 2010 06:59:40

im only 3/4 of the way through this book but it is AMAZING!!! I am over the moon that there is a movie being made about it :)

posted by danie3 on Mar 22, 2010 12:06:06

i`m stay in the prison with thomas mc fadden in the san pedro prison in the book my name is roberto

posted by marco on Feb 24, 2010 08:56:50

An amazing story, the book was very hard to put down. I just hope the movie doesnt venture to far away from the story line in the book

posted by Roger on Feb 06, 2010 06:24:46

one of the best books i have ever read ,Thomas is right up there with Mr Nice, would really like to meet him one day , cant wait for the movie

posted by La coca rocha on Feb 02, 2010 05:44:58

book is brillant the best I have read in years, buy it now! Can't wait for the movie

posted by damien on Jan 05, 2010 05:46:16

amazing story, i can't wait to see how it comes out!

posted by fan on Jan 04, 2010 10:48:22

Greatest Book I Ever Read

posted by Powder on Dec 10, 2009 04:33:27

the book is incredible

posted by al on Aug 16, 2009 08:24:20

read the book and loved it can not wait for the film

posted by reader on Jun 30, 2009 04:55:26

Only book i have read in my 28 years from begining to end.

posted by Slater on May 12, 2009 04:34:38

The book is really good

posted by fan of book on Sep 12, 2008 09:24:07

its gonna be good..i read the book

posted by nookie on Aug 30, 2008 00:00:00