Home > Movie > G > The Guardian > Comments

The Guardian Comments

The Guardian

Action, Drama

September 29, 2006 (Wide)

Andrew Davis

Kevin Costner, Ashton Kutcher, Neal McDonough, Melissa Sagemiller, Clancy Brown, Brian Geraghty, Sela Ward

REVIEWS RATE:  Critics  Nothing's perfect, but it's worth seeing.    Readers  5 of 5 [Rate It]

kutcher can act!

posted by rdog on Oct 16, 2009 03:06:07

I really like this Movie.This is the Best movie now this is my favourite (=

posted by Mel55 on Jul 25, 2009 01:48:13

This is the best film i have ever seen.I loved it!

posted by Conor:) on Jul 18, 2009 06:35:56

THIS IS AN EXCELLENT MOVIE THAT REMINDS US ALL OF HOW HARD OUR COAST GUARD WORKS FOR US, AND IT GIVES US AN UNSIGHT INTO THE KIND OF MEN AND WOMEN WE HAVE IN OUR COUNTRY WHO ARE WILLING TO "GIVE ALL" FOR STRANGERS

posted by THE GUARDIAN on Apr 07, 2009 03:06:44

Does anybody know the group/song that is played in this movie that is also being used for the new show Unusuals on TV? I love it!!

posted by rebbiedowe on Apr 01, 2009 08:42:25

this is g8 movie!!

posted by OriGinaL_FaKe on Mar 09, 2009 03:59:43

One of the best films ever! A touching story, with one of the best actors i the lead! Ashton Kutcher"!

posted by Ken Gonzalez on Sep 05, 2008 00:00:00

I absolutely loved the movie...

posted by Tooba on Aug 17, 2008 00:00:00

wow, i loved it, it may have made me cry when randall died, but it just proves that only a true hero will sacrifice themselves to save another. thank you United States Coast Guard, for everything.

posted by MissXinsanity528 on Jul 25, 2008 00:00:00

Exciting, catches you and pulls you in. Now I want to join the coast guard.

posted by on Jul 01, 2007 00:00:00

WOW! I have a heart-felt respect for an occupation I never really thought about existing! This movie is excellent! Made me feel every emotion there is, now that's what a good movie is all about!

posted by on Mar 06, 2007 00:00:00

i loved this movie! it had like the same idea as the movie a few good mena dn ladder 49 but i loved it oh so much!

posted by on Mar 03, 2007 00:00:00

This was an amazing movie. It was extremely powerful especially after Katrina. It was the only movie that I have ever cried watching. It gives me such a greater respect and understanding for the USCG. God Bless all who serve.

posted by on Feb 05, 2007 00:00:00

I absolutly loved this move, as a water polo player, I was laughing when they were told to tread for one hour, we tread water for two or more hours A DAY! But this was really neat to see the way that they are trained, cause being swimmer too, I realized I should join the Coast Guard, just maybe not in the Bering Sea, that's a little too much action for me. But I really liked how Ben Randall(Costner) had to overcome his problems after the accident to help Fischer(Kutcher) I never understood until now what the Coast Guard is there for! This is my all time favorite movie now!

posted by on Feb 02, 2007 00:00:00

i absolutley loved this movie! ive never cried soo hard during a movie ever in my life! its my new fav.!

posted by on Jan 28, 2007 00:00:00

For anyone who works in public service, this movie gets your heart. "So others may live" is why we do what we do.

posted by on Jan 28, 2007 00:00:00

A most thrilling film. It left me wishing for more, but yet satisfied. A movie I could watch over, and over. It's about time the Coast Gaurds get the respect they full-heartedly deserve!

posted by on Jan 26, 2007 00:00:00

This is one of the most amazing movies ive ever seen it was so well made. It motivates you when you see movies that relate to what actually happens!

posted by on Jan 24, 2007 00:00:00

I can't believe that some people would rate this movie three stars, they obviously have no taste in a great movie. People quit being so stuck on yourselves and rate a marvelous piece of work the well worth five stars.

posted by on Nov 29, 2006 00:00:00

This is by far the best movie i have ever seen. I really love Kevin Costner, and he gaev me a greater respect for the coastguard, especially for those who put their lives on the line in the Sitka Coast Guard, and who plunge into the depths of the Bering Sea. IO have seen the Bering sea's waters, and felt its power. I have actually seriously thought about going into the coastguard. Perhaps make it my goal to work in the Bering Sea.

posted by on Nov 10, 2006 00:00:00

This was the best movie I have ever seen. It really tugs at your heart, but at other times has you on the edge of your seat! I loved it!

posted by on Nov 07, 2006 00:00:00

As a firefighter (rescuer), this movie got to me personally. Absolutly amazing. thats all I have to say.

posted by on Oct 29, 2006 00:00:00

AWESOME MOVIE!!!AFTER WATCHING IT FOR THE FIRST TIME IT BECAME MY FAVORITE MOVIE!!!

posted by on Oct 11, 2006 00:00:00

I loved this movie. I have so much respect for all the players in Team Coast Guard. I decided to become one of them.

posted by on Oct 06, 2006 00:00:00

This was by far one of the best movie I have ever seen, possibly the best. My husband is in the Coast Guard, and doesn't get enough recognition for what he does. This movie helps. ABSOLUTLEY wonderful movie!

posted by on Oct 03, 2006 00:00:00

I just saw the movie tonight and thought that it was great. I laughed, cried, and got scared. It was a thrilling movie and I hope others go and see it.

posted by on Oct 02, 2006 00:00:00

This was by far the best movie I have seen in a while. I think it should show people the respect level these people have learned. I know it is just a movie and just a glimpse of what rescues are really like, but it is still a great movie.

posted by on Oct 01, 2006 00:00:00