Home > Movie > A > Australia > Comments

Australia Comments

Australia

Drama, Romance, Action

November 26, 2008

Baz Luhrmann

Hugh Jackman, Nicole Kidman, Bryan Brown, Jack Thompson, David Wenham, Essie Davis

REVIEWS RATE:  Critics  Nothing's perfect, but it's worth seeing.    Readers  5 of 5 [Rate It]

to Aussie Oi: the music playing on the dvd menu sung by a woman is Waltzing Matilda by Ophelia of the Spirits ;) fell in love with it myself - just like the movie, it's gorgeous!!

posted by sab on Mar 15, 2011 06:44:17

Esse filme é simplismente PERFEITO, ficamos perplexos diante da tela do começo ao Fim. Tem uma história de Amor muito Linda, e um elenco maravilhoso, Principalmente Hugh Jackman. Ameeeei, não tenho palavras para expressar.

posted by mandy on Sep 27, 2010 12:52:31

Love this movie. Can anyone tell me what the music is that comes in on the very beginning of the dvd menu. It has a woman singing and it starts with the animation in the beginning of the menu. Please help me before I rip my hair out trying to find it haha!

posted by Aussie Oi on May 15, 2010 10:16:56

Just seen it. It was a pile of rubbish! Was anyone really taken in by this tripe????

posted by h on May 04, 2010 08:41:10

I LOVED this movie! The music was beautiful and Nicole and Hugh were excellent. Loved the little boy Nullah all the characters!

posted by Epic on Mar 03, 2010 10:57:14

where can i find the little boy nullahs song

posted by me on Feb 27, 2010 04:11:23

it was great the song the little boy was signing was beautiful

posted by me on Feb 27, 2010 04:09:08

this movie was excellent and even though im only 14 it made me realize how judgmental we are to the aboriginals of Australia. The song in the movie called boab lullaby is absolutely beautiful i really fell in love with this movie! oh and huge jackman is as talented as he is sexy haha

posted by I ♥ AUSTRALIA! on Jan 31, 2010 12:46:28

I loved this movie especially with Hugh Jackman in it and the little boy that played Nullah he was georgous Nicole also did a fab job as always

posted by Excellent on Dec 15, 2009 03:48:02

I love this Movie it is such a good romantic Story and beautiful story line Baz Luhrman did a fabulous job.Ilove the ending credits song i would realy like to know the name of the song is i absaloutly fell in love with it!.☺

posted by Awsome Brilliant ect on Dec 15, 2009 03:45:20

I love this Movie it is such a good romantic Story and beautiful story line Baz Luhrman did a fabulous job.Ilove the ending credits song i would realy like to know the name of the song i absaloutly fell in love with it!.☺

posted by Awsome Brilliant ect on Dec 15, 2009 03:45:03

I have seen it , and i keep watching it over and over and over, i just can't get enough of it, it's a fantastic, if not the greatest movie of 2008.

posted by Jerome on Dec 13, 2009 10:27:14

It was excellent, my family loved it!!!

posted by mary rodgers on Nov 27, 2009 01:16:15

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this movie! Watch it every week! Can't get enough.

posted by Australia on Oct 13, 2009 05:40:32

Beautyfull, moving,drama,the war, excelent movie.. I like how everything came toghether, nice actors.

posted by cristin on Sep 22, 2009 04:17:52

will there be a soudtrack for the movie australia

posted by Australia on Sep 17, 2009 10:47:32

Absolutely fabulous!! Any movie Hugh Jackman stars in is great to me,...but this was so outstanding. It reminded me of the excellance of the movie Pearl Harbor!

posted by grandniem on Aug 29, 2009 01:01:48

new favorite movie.

posted by millie on Aug 08, 2009 10:51:04

amazing!!! it was very well actord and the story was great. the little boy deserves an oscar!!!

posted by emma on Jun 25, 2009 02:11:37

Worth 2hrs. 45 min viewing time;passionate acting,perfect cast, compelling score.

posted by FrancoFu on Jun 06, 2009 12:57:32

the song at the beginning of the dvd is "Australia Soundtrack #15 King George Appears" search for on youtube it is from the soundtrack j

posted by jon on May 21, 2009 06:01:19

Great movie!

posted by anna on May 16, 2009 03:30:31

Brandon Walters stole my heart; I just wanted to reach in the screen and squeeze;& hug him.

posted by dorisdollmyster on May 06, 2009 09:25:32

Hope to see more of Brandon Walters. He was Fantastic in Australia. He should have had more recognition; since the movie was centered around Aboriginals; and the Stolen Generation.

posted by dorisdollmyster on May 06, 2009 09:20:58

I thought this was a wonderful movie.I have seen it about 10 times and every time it gets better.

posted by australia on May 04, 2009 02:24:10

this movie is the best movie EVER. my fave! oh, and hugh jackman is the best!

posted by <3_hugh on Apr 27, 2009 08:42:39

Nicole Kidman and Hugh Jackman,a good pair for this type of movie. It was great.

posted by Jim on Apr 12, 2009 12:22:42

I've never left a review for a movie before--but I'm making an exception on this one! This was an extraordinarily WONDERFUL movie! What a surprise because there were some bar scenes at the very beginning that seemed a bit contrived and juvenile, so I wasn't expecting a whole lot; but once it got going, I was HOOKED! I'm rarely moved to tears when I see a movie, but this one had them flowing. It was funny (Nicole Kidman was unbelievably good at the comedy!)...Brandon Walters stole my heart from the very beginning...the man who played his grandfather was superb...and the MUSIC!!! What gorgeous music! I'd rented this movie from iTunes (a first for me), so as I was eagerly waiting to see who performed some of the music, I accidentally pushed "STOP" and lost the last few minutes. "Oh, no! The music!!!"I said out loud to myself. A previous poster said it beautifully, and I'll reinforce what he wrote: "It wasn't perfect. Yes, there were some flaws--but I soon found myself forgiving its flaws because its message was so worthwhile, and what it did pull off so well, it pulled off BEAUTIFULLY! See it! Forgive its beginning flaws and prepare yourself to be whisked away. I needed fantasy--and it delivered! I agree: "There should be more epic films such as this one!"

posted by Australia on Apr 12, 2009 10:08:23

I forgot the stars

posted by wonderer on Apr 11, 2009 07:20:03

OMG!!!!Hugh jackman is very hott!!!!!!I'm going to go watch his new movie when it comes out.

posted by wonderer on Apr 11, 2009 07:18:11

just finished watching this movie and i absolutely loved it!!!! HUGH JACKMAN is extremely GORGEOUS!

posted by kty on Apr 11, 2009 03:32:15

This movie was a great. I'm a big fan of both stars and I think they did a wonderful job. The newcomer Brandon Walters was so cute.

posted by P.J on Apr 03, 2009 11:44:37

Absolutely the best. It should have gotten the Best Movie Award instead of Slumdog. It was great. Would love to see a sound track come out. The music was sooooo good. I recommend this movie. A must see~!

posted by Waldorf on Apr 03, 2009 03:42:58

Absolutly loved the movie and the music was even more fantastic one question though what is the song that they play on the harmonica not Over the rainbow but an enchanting melody cant get it outta my head

posted by nkmoyer on Mar 24, 2009 05:31:49

The movie was amazing,Nicole Kidman is a beautiful actress, Huge Jackman is hot. I loved the story it made me laugh ,cry, and angry that people could be so cruel to little children. The world needs to know these stories.

posted by Australia on Mar 23, 2009 01:08:40

A VERY INSPIRING STORY

posted by EDMONDSFROGLADY@MSN. on Mar 22, 2009 11:50:41

Actually the song is by The Postal Service. Iron & Wine covered it later. The singer is Ben Gibbard, better known from Death Cab for Cutie fame.

posted by dianador on Mar 16, 2009 02:42:58

thanku kerry, was driving me nuts :)

posted by Rob on Mar 15, 2009 12:54:18

I just copied this from a post much earlier...... For the two people who asked about this song, which has also been driving me crazy - the one played by the chef on the Ukelele around the campfire and then whistled to Drover by his brother in law when asked to not whistle the 'over the rainbow' song it's called Such Great Heights by Iron and Wine. *relief* posted by Kerry on Dec 27, 2008

posted by mo momma on Mar 15, 2009 09:36:23

I had heard where this wasn't a real good movie and I heard wrong. It was excellent.

posted by dex on Mar 14, 2009 12:50:47

I just watch this movie 2,5 hrs ago..2 thumbs up! nicole kidman's adorable, hugh jackman's fantastic, nice movie with beautiful music =)

posted by joe on Mar 14, 2009 03:22:55

It makes me proud as an Aussie that we can produce such a great movie, with a great Aussie cast. Aussie Aussie Aussie Oi Oi Oi

posted by Aussiekate on Mar 11, 2009 06:33:33

i meant five stars my computer would'nt let me scroll down.. SORRY

posted by Lisa G on Mar 11, 2009 05:55:26

i keep telling my sister I wont settle for anything less than Drover haha... seriously though great movie great casting. Nullah is adorable and Nicole Kidman was sensational... Hugh... OMG Hugh... marry me?

posted by Lisa G on Mar 11, 2009 05:54:47

Worth the wait! Loved it.

posted by Debbie, TX on Mar 07, 2009 10:50:11

this film is fantastic it's beyond description . i love it and it takes me away to another world .

posted by ok adores australia on Mar 07, 2009 09:25:15

what song was the one dude playing before they first kissed?

posted by jeremy on Mar 06, 2009 11:07:31

This movie was intense. I loved it.

posted by BC21 on Mar 06, 2009 02:44:01

Absolutley wonderful moive.

posted by lynniek on Mar 05, 2009 11:32:38

the movie was amazing i loved it it was just the best movie i ever saw .....u guys r great actors amazing =)

posted by h kizz on Mar 05, 2009 09:19:28

AMAZING.

posted by cb on Mar 04, 2009 02:55:14

Nicole Kidman deserved more recognition for her skilled acting in the movie!!!

posted by Australia on Feb 24, 2009 10:52:43

Amazing movie. I love Hugh &#9829;

posted by Roosa on Feb 23, 2009 05:02:37

i havent seen the movie Australia yet but my nann has and seh really likes it.so i need to no when to no when t coms out on dvd

posted by tahlia on Feb 19, 2009 04:24:08

omgsh best movie i have ever seen!!! sooo beautiful i loved it so f-ing much omgsh. hugh jackman is georgous and the little boy nullah is hot!!! hahahhah best movie i have ever seen in my whole lifee....

posted by jess s on Feb 18, 2009 04:10:46

The music from the soundtract was very impressive. When is a CD going to come out?

posted by AUSTRALIA on Feb 17, 2009 03:09:49

Great movie! They could't have chosen anyone better tan Hugh Jackman. =)

posted by clara s. on Feb 07, 2009 05:31:19

I LOVE YOU DROVER SO SO MUCH. FROM SMALLY.

posted by ALAYNA B. on Feb 04, 2009 05:56:45

This movie was too good for words and 5 stars isn't enough. Hugh Jackman is soooo hot. It made me laugh and cry,& is by far the best movie I've seen all year. I love u DROVER!!!

posted by Lay Lay on Feb 04, 2009 05:47:44

posted by Lay Lay on Feb 04, 2009 05:43:07

It Was absolutely the best film I everseen. I like Australia the nature is fantastic.

posted by Louise Nederland on Jan 31, 2009 05:39:54

I absolutely loved it-for all family young & old-- and I love the cast.

posted by fannybrice on Jan 30, 2009 12:04:04

I loved pretty much everything:the action the love story, and especially the setting!! Now i'm just itching to go to Australia myself!!

posted by ilcb on Jan 28, 2009 09:18:58

Loved the movie, scenery, acting, action. But the use of Bach's "Sheep may safely graze" and Elgar's "Nimrod" from his "Enigma Variations", while wonderful music themselves, seemed very incongruous with the setting. There are many fine Australian composers who could have written music specifically for the movie instead of using these pieces.

posted by Jill on Jan 27, 2009 10:25:52

Those who have seen this film and say its bad well watch it again and actually watch it rather then pick fault with it. It's a film for everyone and the best film to be produced and will live with me for ever. I have actually been to Australia many times and believe me the place is even better than it looks on the film. Those who moaned about the length, well you knew before you paid your money so stop the moans. Watch the film properly and see it for what it is....JUST THE BEST FILM EVER!

posted by kangaboi on Jan 26, 2009 07:22:18

I loved the movie! Just watch and see how interesting is it! Ja, drama could be long but the movie and the whole story in it is far more than that! Its LOVE- the greatest thing of all! People may not notice it but its true-- racism is there but was conquered by love! Super!

posted by DT von Switzerland on Jan 24, 2009 05:11:27

I didn't like this film at all. It was just a warmed-up movie. The scene was really amazing, after watching this film, you wanna go there, that's for sure. But all the rest... there was far tooooo much drama in tooooo long scenes. Nothing revolutionary at all. What is interesting however is the historic component, with the discrimination of the "creamys". But there again you think oh a hollywood production. Ah la la...

posted by Australia on Jan 23, 2009 07:44:50

fantastic film, entertaining and heart felt. It left me thinking..

posted by Australia on Jan 22, 2009 07:20:34

just excellent i never in my life had seen a movie like this, it was awsome! i cried in some scenes i learned a lot from this movie i hope the director creates a second part

posted by rtodrigo costa rica on Jan 21, 2009 11:13:19

made me cry comedy drama action

posted by rodrigo on Jan 21, 2009 11:10:08

made me cry comedy dramaaction

posted by rodrigo on Jan 21, 2009 11:09:36

it's totally nice and indulging. everything is so sweet in the end, awww, love it !!

posted by alexandra on Jan 21, 2009 10:23:37

I have seen Australia exactly TEN times now and I have to say to all that dissed the movie, Ya'll got no ideas wats ya talkin bout, the scenes where gorgeous, the backgrounds, besides the docks and water views, were not fake, Baz air brushes his backgrounds to make them stand out and to give the characters more depth, he does it in all of his movies, my fave film yet and I am looking so unbelievably forward to it DVD release in exactly 40 DAYS!!!

posted by Phoenix on Jan 21, 2009 06:58:49

It's so Hollywood. There are too much stories to tell so that you're not really 'involved' with the characters, to much computerizzle which you can see straight away and there are other things which are just too perfect. Sorry guys

posted by henkie on Jan 21, 2009 04:13:46

This is a great film!!! I was just amazed! I've never thought that 'Australia' would be THAT good! The outback, cameras, music everything is PERFECT!

posted by Saphiraaa on Jan 20, 2009 09:08:09

Excellent movie in years. Perfect cast, filmsetting and wonderful music.

posted by Rudie on Jan 19, 2009 05:20:51

just a beautifull movie and exelents actors, i really love this movie and Nicole

posted by Ulises on Jan 19, 2009 02:40:40

The music just before the end of the movie is Nimrod, composed by Edward Elgar, and part of his masterpiece Enigma Variations =)

posted by JCOL on Jan 18, 2009 02:16:17

Enjoyed the film but need to know the title of the classical music just before the end credits( not the boabub tree song)

posted by twochins on Jan 16, 2009 07:17:10

someone said too hard to understand? COME ON

posted by bruno on Jan 14, 2009 12:44:12

believe me, this movie will sure obtain the best movie award for the oscars 2009.

posted by bruno on Jan 14, 2009 12:39:37

It's MAZIIIIIIIING!!!.... i love it! all of it, and expecialy the way it all is Original to the real life... and then it's all : ACKTION : ROMANTIC : SAD : EXELENT : all on same time... it's amasing... i love that film :D i'll buy it when it breaks out on DVD :D Amasing Movie

posted by Australia on Jan 12, 2009 10:00:13

it is worth every second of the whole watching! Amazing actors, scenery of Australia and the plot is great. heart touching movie :))

posted by Paulina on Jan 11, 2009 09:56:01

well, it was real good actually. I just felt that it was like two movies in one. And that it kept sort off ending but then starting again. However it was very sad at some points yet made me smile alot when it got too the ending. I loved the music that's in the trailer. Cant find it's name anywhere :/.

posted by Bubblegum on Jan 11, 2009 07:14:41

Excellent film. Absolutely gorgeously filmed. Perhaps a tat too long and it continually felt like the actors wanted to burst out in song; it is after all a Baz Luhrmann film! But definitely worth seeing at least twice. Can't wait for the DVD.

posted by Troy on Jan 08, 2009 03:00:43

THIS IS A FANTASTIC MOVIE. ABSOLUTELY WONDERFUL AND STUNNING. LOVED IT FROM START TO FINISH.

posted by HELEN on Jan 07, 2009 12:20:19

one of my life time favorites. I loved it.

posted by thomas on Jan 07, 2009 10:19:20

Everyone said this was rubbish but I loved it..!!Everything about it was great, the scenery, the soundtrack, not to mention Hugh Jackman's bod..!! Gorgeous..!! No wonder Nicole's continuing to work..!! hahah phooaarr Cried too which is a sign of a good movie...I loved Nullah he played an excellent part! so cute...I want to buy the soundtrack as soon as possible..!! not to mention the DVD..! Excellent!Rachel

posted by I love hugh jackman on Jan 07, 2009 04:33:57

Baz Luhrmann is genius. Such a beautiful co-operation of music, sounds, picture and colours. And that little boys is going to a star.

posted by OZ on Jan 07, 2009 03:08:08

kierO zaber cuales zon loz nombrez de laz canzionez de la pelii!! laz q canta el niño! me enkntarOn

posted by borre on Jan 06, 2009 12:01:09

wonderful

posted by kadda on Jan 06, 2009 04:49:02

great movie....

posted by heinz on Jan 05, 2009 11:09:03

When does this come out on dvd??

posted by chocolateyes on Jan 05, 2009 09:33:13

Hugh Jackman is gorgeous!

posted by DBLinLB on Jan 05, 2009 02:00:21

Superbly photographed and a great musical score. Perhaps the best film that I have seen in a very long time. The trailers did'nt do the movie justice.

posted by maxk on Jan 04, 2009 04:36:28

horrible

posted by mikep123123 on Jan 03, 2009 06:50:52

sorry. going to be a little clearer here. when the dude whistles around the camp fire and at the very beginning of the credits (only a few notes), that is the song by jason mraz.

posted by LP on Jan 02, 2009 09:27:24

the song is not by iron and wine even though it sounds similar. it's the beginning notes of a song called i'm yours by jason mraz.

posted by LP on Jan 02, 2009 09:05:07

such a beutiful movie! one of my favorite of all time 4 sure! not a mainstream but its really nice! bravo, baz Lhurmann n all the crew!!!

posted by nopa on Jan 02, 2009 06:59:49

one of my favourite movies ever :) almost so great than Braveheart...

posted by TRibe on Jan 01, 2009 06:28:55

I feel as though this Film was made just for me. I was able to lose myself in the Fantasy of this good movie for a couple of hours. I remembered the Old Timers who lived in the Outback at this time including my own mum and dad.

posted by Australia on Dec 31, 2008 12:12:21

i couldnt stop crying. i loved it. BEST movie ever..BTW hugh jackman is SO hot!!

posted by julianaº on Dec 31, 2008 12:12:13

Rewelacyjny film,Hugh Jackman-&#347;wietny aktor i niesamowicie sexowny i poci&#261;gaj&#261;cy m&#281;&#380;czyzna:)

posted by julita/poland on Dec 31, 2008 10:00:23

It was a Baz Luhrmann film. Of course it was going to be melodramatic. Stunningly breathtaking with a predictable yet still compelling storyline. It had a quirky cohesion, being an amalgam of absurdist comedy and heart-wrenching tragedy. The best movie of '08. And i'm proud to be Australian.

posted by alex on Dec 31, 2008 08:52:17

A good film, marred by Luhrmans usual pantomime charm. Anyway for those desperate to know what that credits song is, it's: By The Boab Tree (as pointed out by someone else) written and performed by Ophelia Of The Spirits and you can get it on itunes.

posted by Gareth on Dec 31, 2008 01:37:55

good movie, looking for soundtrack

posted by scampage on Dec 30, 2008 12:21:10

excelente pelicula.... ambos protagonistas interpretaron sus personajes de manera cautivadora.

posted by Ramdey on Dec 30, 2008 10:45:31

Brilliant film! What was the song played with the closing credits?!?

posted by Sophie on Dec 30, 2008 06:12:18

Better than Titanic by far. Don't forget the tissues!

posted by Helen on Dec 30, 2008 05:38:19

fantastic!

posted by dan on Dec 30, 2008 03:06:09

Went to see this with my wife last night and absolutely loved it. The little boy is a star in the making. Can't believe it was his first role. Yes its clichéd and a bit predicatable however if you want to be entertained and fancy a feel good emotional ride then I'd thoroughly recommend it.

posted by tibbles on Dec 29, 2008 12:44:58

I just loved it ! Its really great ! I cried like a baby when Lady Sarah and Nullah meet and when Lady Sarah meet with Drover in the end . It was the best movi I ever saw in my life ! Just loved it !

posted by Naná on Dec 29, 2008 06:08:59

awesome bro!

posted by ray on Dec 29, 2008 05:13:41

thought the film was amazing had everything anyone would ever want in a film. i really loved and i have seen a hell of a lot of films and this one deffinetly was at the top of my list..

posted by jabe on Dec 28, 2008 06:48:52

An emotional roller coaster with beautiful photography.

posted by Australia on Dec 27, 2008 07:56:20

posted by Kerry on Dec 27, 2008 06:08:46

Corny enough to satisfy the American market,poorly acted,unbelievable story line.....yet still one of the most entertaining movies you willl ever see. I thoroughly enjoyed it.

posted by Fifer on Dec 26, 2008 03:22:58

Well, this movie wasn't perfect: it was far from it. It wasn't perfect, but it was breathtaking, unbelievably beautiful, entertaining and absolutely stunning, so I'm more than happy to forgive it's mistakes. Hugh, Nicole and that lovely little boy are such a magnificent trio. Loved it.

posted by spokki on Dec 26, 2008 02:59:38

Not a very good film compared to something like Titanic which even though everyone knows the story before they see it manages to create drama. This film disappointed in particular by being predictable as others have said. I think once the marketing hype has died down people will realise what a lemon it is. The music was good, hence 2 stars, and for all those waiting for the soundtrack you could of course just buy the originals! They are beautiful pieces in their entirety not just the clips in the film!

posted by sheila91 on Dec 25, 2008 04:09:08

Great Movie!

posted by Julien on Dec 25, 2008 04:02:40

Loved this movie!!!!! Have seen it now 2 times and it is excellent. I just haveto say thank you for such a wonderful movie.

posted by Seonna98 on Dec 25, 2008 03:26:48

Outstanding! I can't give it a high enough rating. I think once the rantings of the "quick to judge to look intellegent and poorly educated" people are over, it will go down as one of the Greats. The acting and cinematography were Phenomenal. Excellent! A Beautifully told and Powerful story.

posted by buzzy87 on Dec 23, 2008 06:18:07

Without a shadow of a doubt this was the worst movie I saw in 2008. Very thin acting, a thinner plot riddled with cliches and predictable at every stage, overdone "effects" that were even shown up as such in the film (take the dust cloud approach to the farmstead, cut to aerial shot showing the dust cloud only around the building which clears before your eyes), poor representation of Aboriginal people and culture, need I go on. Those who liked it, well fine, but I'm not seeing many *reasons* being quoted as to why 5 stars were merited.

posted by demas on Dec 23, 2008 01:47:13

This was an awesome movie!!! It has something for everyone. My grandma has promised to buy it for me when it comes out we can watch it together,she lives in a nursing home so she cannot see it in the movies. I love all of BL films, this one even beats MR! Great acting and directoring, great work everyone.

posted by Charlie on Dec 22, 2008 07:51:44

GREAT MOVIE!! LOVE THE SOUNDTRACK

posted by maddy on Dec 22, 2008 03:12:29

To much melodrama, not enough drama. Two great actors forced to over act and way to many close ups. WHAT Baz used in M R did not work in this one.

posted by Australia on Dec 21, 2008 11:46:34

Saw it twice in one week. Loved it even more the second time. Something for everyone in this movie and it is over in a second.

posted by Coco on Dec 18, 2008 07:07:29

Embarrassing, too long by half, hard to understand and soooo predictable.

posted by Ozzie on Dec 18, 2008 06:27:50

This is an amazing movie. I am definately planning on buying it as soon as it comes out. Does anyone know the name of the second song that Drover's brother-in-law whistles to him?

posted by Kate on Dec 18, 2008 02:08:47

I sat enthralled throughout the whole movie. The characters were believable, the costumes authentic and the acting by ALL the cast was superb. Thankyou Baz, CM and ALL your crew for faithfully portraying Australian life as it was then.

posted by gilly on Dec 17, 2008 04:47:22

OMG! When this movie comes out on DVD I'm going to buy it! This was such a good movie! I saw it in the movie theater last saturaday. I love it!

posted by SnowLeopard91085@aol on Dec 16, 2008 10:04:43

One of the best films i have ever seen!

posted by Ang on Dec 15, 2008 08:25:58

Where the H#LL is the soundtrack? I thought they came out BEFORE the movie. GRRRRREAT movie! but the marketing sucked.

posted by Asha on Dec 15, 2008 01:31:36

Amazingly unique and creative, I've never been in a theatre with such strong emotional reactions around me. It's obvious the critics giving it low stars can't rate a movie anymore with out graphic violence or pointless sexuality. Definitely a DVD worth purchasing and seeing on the big screen twice.

posted by Beyonce\' on Dec 15, 2008 01:29:33

where can i find soundtrack???

posted by miky on Dec 14, 2008 05:35:19

The most exhilarating film in decades!

posted by Australia on Dec 13, 2008 07:32:39

email me and let me know the price of this movie on dvd

posted by australia on Dec 13, 2008 05:53:00

THIS IS THE BEST EPIC MOVIE SINCE TITANIC. WORTH EVERY PENNY!

posted by CKB on Dec 11, 2008 02:12:29

I mean, I wonder if the film score composer knows this and that's they used the song (inspired by Grainger's music, not Bach's).

posted by aq on Dec 10, 2008 12:08:47

The movie was fantastic. Incidentally, the use of Bach's "Sheep May Safely Graze" in the movie score is very ironic because Percy Grainger (Australian-born with British heritage) wrote a Ramble of Bach's piece titled "Blithe Bells." I wonder if the film score composer knows this interesting fact.

posted by aq on Dec 10, 2008 12:00:28

posted by aq on Dec 10, 2008 01:35:08

posted by aq on Dec 10, 2008 01:34:33

It was even better seeing it a second time! Having just returned from Australia which included a 5-day camping safari in the Outback it brought back a lot of memories. The movie had everything - beautiful scenery, drama, history and romance. Fantastic movie!!!Well done, Baz. Hope to see the soundtrack out soon. Noreen

posted by Australia on Dec 10, 2008 01:12:25

It wasnt about war really,it wasnt really meant to be a love story, but a film about family-how you find it without looking- how love can save you-if you just leave your heart open it can find its way in- a very unexpected surprise, I thought it would be an okay movie and it was really great! A great family movie -it shows that being together is what matters.Not all the worldly things- not money not wealth just family!!!

posted by hollywood on Dec 09, 2008 10:30:45

posted by hollywood on Dec 09, 2008 10:30:41

I have to say, I was anticipating the movie awfully badly, but I never expected it to be so good! I'm seeing Twilight this thursday when it comes out, and i've been waiting for this movie now for one year. Even so, I would rather see Australia again, than watch Twilight. Call me crazy, but it was an amazing movie with an amazing cast. I've always loved Nicole Kidman and Hugh Jackman... well, I don't really need to go into detail there... but as well as that, the music was just to perfection, and as soon as the soundtrack comes out, I know that'll be the first thing I buy with my christmas money. It's highly recommended to romance lovers, and people who love a bit of action, and alot of drama.

posted by ShadowCrystal2 on Dec 09, 2008 01:20:32

Movie - 3 stars. Music 5 stars. Bach and Elgar do it every time!!

posted by pc on Dec 08, 2008 10:43:40

Listen everyone: Read my lips- the music at the end was NOT Sibelius....It was Sir Edward Elgars "Enigma Variations".

posted by bungalowboy on Dec 08, 2008 09:48:31

Very long and very hollywood. Story line was okay but I would recommend saving the money and renting this one at home, if that! The music was the best part.

posted by sporttwins on Dec 08, 2008 08:32:47

great score..with theme from Brahms.

posted by Ventura, CA on Dec 08, 2008 06:50:01

Loved this movie and the soundtrack even more. Any idea when it will be released??

posted by NatGuz on Dec 07, 2008 10:47:41

The musical score must have been put together by someone with a sense of humor. A cattle drive while playing Bach's "Sheep May Safely Graze." I doubt I would seen this movie if I had realized it was essentially an overly long western. Does anyone know the what the music was at the very end? Sibelius came to mind but I am not sure.

posted by AnneM on Dec 07, 2008 10:07:41

The music at the end was from British Composer Sir Edward Elgar's Enigma Variations.

posted by ClassicalCookie on Dec 07, 2008 08:59:47

I loved it, if you let yourself get lost in Baz's imagination it's worth the ride, I'll go again, My fiance cried through at least half of it

posted by Josh on Dec 07, 2008 07:38:32

This movie is just wonderful and exceptionally done on all fronts! I can't wait to see it again! It would be nice if Hollywood could be so well represented with this kind of quality more often!

posted by louisa w on Dec 07, 2008 07:07:18

Strange there is no released soundtrack and no music credits. The closing credits were accompanied by Elton John. There were remnants of Sibelius' FINLANDIA but I too am uncertain and the credits rolled too quickly to read. It was entertaining, somewhat factual and, at times, heart-wrenching. Good flick but on the long side.

posted by Genoan on Dec 07, 2008 06:45:15

I loved this movie. I thought Nicole Kidman was great in it.

posted by Cindy on Dec 07, 2008 04:23:45

Interesting comments regarding the wonderful soundtrack. The music by J.S.Bach that is heard frequently throughout the film is entitled "Sheep May Safely Graze"

posted by Norwin on Dec 06, 2008 10:05:29

This movie was amazing. Brandon Walters captures your heart and should capture an Oscar. The scenery was beautiful. Kidman and Jackman were wonderful as well. I will purchase this movie to watch over and over agin!

posted by Aussie on Dec 06, 2008 09:48:34

Loved this movie. Mom and I were in tears and we absolutely love Jackman. Definitely worth seeing!

posted by Molly on Dec 06, 2008 04:57:43

This movie was fantastic! My mom and I went and saw it last week and I already can't wait to go and see it again! Hugh Jackman and Nicole Kidman make a great couple on the screen!

posted by Kallan on Dec 06, 2008 03:13:39

Absolutely amazing movie. My husband and I both agreed it may be the best movie we have seen in our lifetime. This movie should take Oscars in many catagories. Hollywood has not made a movie of this excellent caliber in many moons. Brandon Walters stole my heart at scene one...Bravo!

posted by Lolly on Dec 05, 2008 12:46:39

Thanks Baz,,, thank you so much

posted by Garry L on Dec 04, 2008 10:12:07

Loved this movie. My husband & I saw it last night & we both enjoyed it. Beautiful scenery, excellent acting! The time just flew by. I can't wait for the soundtrack to come out. Georgie

posted by Australia on Dec 03, 2008 08:30:33

posted by Australia on Dec 03, 2008 08:30:32

i was in complete awe and fell in love with the country!

posted by Australia on Dec 03, 2008 04:44:32

BRILLIANT MOVIE. LOVED IT!

posted by Ryan on Dec 02, 2008 12:22:23

Excellent, excellent film. What's bothering me though, there was a song that the asian cook played by the campfire that I liked and recognised, but don't know the name to...would you guys know which song I'm talking about? The cook played it with a ukelele (small guitar)

posted by Kim on Dec 02, 2008 10:31:05

A little bit Indiana Jones with a touch of Out of Africa. Great friendships, dastardly villains, beautiful scenery and humor too. Many couples in the theaters and the men enjoyed it as much as the women. Highly recommend it.

posted by victoria on Dec 02, 2008 10:09:09

Sheep May Softly Gaze was used throughout and that is DEFINITELY Bach... someone suggested no Bach earlier

posted by jilsy on Dec 02, 2008 08:37:42

fuk u all

posted by Syd Chipchase on Dec 02, 2008 06:54:35

this was a fun movie

posted by Ben Cullen on Dec 02, 2008 06:53:51

I loved the movie and the story but I think Nicole Kidman overacted a tad. I love the song the "The Drover" Does any one know when the soundtrack will be released?

posted by Judy on Dec 01, 2008 12:47:44

Loved the scenery, storyline and would highly recommend it as a "must see" movie!

posted by Rosemary on Dec 01, 2008 10:32:01

Loved It!!!!

posted by TQ on Dec 01, 2008 09:26:10

The first kiss in the movie is to 'die and go to heaven'. Not that the tuxedo scene at the mission social was too shabby either......

posted by AUSTRALIA on Dec 01, 2008 06:24:51

loved this film. Great story line; wonderful acting, gorgeous scenery and the music score partly in thanks to Elton John, who wrote "the drover" melody, was brilliant !!

posted by australia on Dec 01, 2008 06:23:10

Loved it! Will see it again... and again.

posted by Australia on Dec 01, 2008 05:28:58

This movie is by far the best I have seen in a very, very long time. The acting is incredible.

posted by KN on Dec 01, 2008 05:17:52

My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed the movie. It meant a lot to me because my father was in Darwin during WWll fighting. Made me home sick. Brandon Walters stole my heart with his beautiful eyes.

posted by Aussie born on Dec 01, 2008 04:23:04

Music soundtrack had Edgar Elgar's Enigma Variations (Variation IX-Nimrod) in it. I don't believe that there was anything by Bach. I-Tunes does have a version of Elgar's music there. I loved the movie. Not just a chick flick. We went as two couples and everyone enjoyed it.

posted by Jeanne on Dec 01, 2008 01:02:07

Brilliant!

posted by flo on Nov 30, 2008 12:21:34

LOved loved loved it

posted by ahimsa4ali on Nov 30, 2008 12:20:51

Loved it!!!!!

posted by jlt1530 on Nov 30, 2008 11:02:09

This was an epic movie I will purchase on DVD and watch over and over again. I was moved by the story, captivated by the beauty of the scenery and the romance was as sexy as 'Out of Africa', another of my favorites. We should have more movies of this quality made! Absolutely loved it. Can't wait til the soundtrack comes out.

posted by suthngrl on Nov 30, 2008 10:44:28

Have seen it twice so far. Best movie I've seen in along time. Disappointing to hear people who haven't seen it comment negatively on it. So moving and enjoyable, the way a movie should be! Thank you Baz.

posted by kath2011 on Nov 30, 2008 09:14:49

Saw the movie last night I was blown away it was absolutley awsome Kidman and Jackman were brilliant and Nulla stole the show he has a great future ahead of him. This is a must see movie and goes straight to the top of my movie list as the best movie of all time. THANK YOU so much Baz

posted by stunned on Nov 30, 2008 08:14:18

Loved it! Can't wait to see it again!

posted by nik on Nov 30, 2008 07:29:38

I believe the classical piece of music woven throughout movie was Bach's Air for the G String??

posted by Dgrutt on Nov 30, 2008 06:47:33

Jemma, did anyone answer your question? I recognized the tune, but feel quite uncultured at not recognizing it.

posted by Dan on Nov 30, 2008 06:33:23

Yeah, what is that classical piano piece that plays throughout? It's killing me not to remember it!

posted by Rose on Nov 30, 2008 05:02:32

It is easily going down as my favorite movie yet!! It was amazing!

posted by Jessie on Nov 30, 2008 02:16:32

does anyone know the song that plays during the credits?

posted by MaeganRachelle on Nov 30, 2008 01:44:24

They should get the best kiss award.....Great movie...I love epics and there just are not enough of them...lets get lost in a movie..forget about reality..

posted by pamie124 on Nov 29, 2008 12:34:30

Kudos to Brandon Walters for making this movie the classic it is.

posted by Miss Busty on Nov 29, 2008 10:42:41

Loved it... Does anyone know what the classical song is that plays throughout the musical score?? You here the tune woven here and there throughout the movie...

posted by Jemma on Nov 29, 2008 05:54:48

Often times movies that are quick off the gate disappoint on the home stretch. This is not one of those. It was evenly paced, well acted and a real cinemagic carpet ride. Don't wait to see this from your own easy chair. This epic adventure must be experienced at a venue better suited for the occasion. I loved it.

posted by BostonG on Nov 29, 2008 04:08:15

Excellent movie... Great epic love story with adventure. Excellent acting, scenary and music. I will enjoy seeing it again.

posted by VB on Nov 29, 2008 03:54:14

Brandon Walters should be nominated for his part in the movie. What a talented, beautiful boy. His parents can be very proud of him.

posted by vienna girl on Nov 29, 2008 02:43:07

I just saw the movie and I adored it. Absolutely astounding, incredible, and down right great.

posted by Savy on Nov 29, 2008 02:22:46

yeah was awesome movie, the kangaroo shooting scared the people in themovies, but was hel good

posted by maz on Nov 28, 2008 12:36:42

Oscar worthy. It was amazing! Really impressed by the acting, especially by the young one who played Nullah. A must-see!!!

posted by asianzing1053 on Nov 28, 2008 11:34:47

I just saw this movie and can't stop thinking about it.Absolutely incredible!!!A visual feast for the eyes.I have not been so impressed by a movie in a long time.Pure A-1 entertainment all the way!!!

posted by lani on Nov 28, 2008 10:41:23

I thought this movie was amazing. I can best describe it with the words "epic" and "big". I really enjoyed every part of the film, and found it never lagged and was always sharp with wit, humor or love.

posted by NatC on Nov 28, 2008 10:25:20

Monumental Epic! Genius.

posted by Randy on Nov 28, 2008 10:24:44

Awesome!

posted by deniseobx on Nov 28, 2008 06:50:59

A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!!!!!! Truly magnigicant! Every scene was so intricate and well done! I got out of the cinemas and wanted to see it again! AMAZING

posted by Caity on Nov 28, 2008 05:14:35

Loved it lots of clapping from the audience at the end. Really like the Drover song at the end as well as the Rolf Harris mix!

posted by lmn on Nov 27, 2008 11:05:11

Wonderful story, moving, exciting, romantic.

posted by JML on Nov 27, 2008 07:24:48

Oscar material in all categories!! I'll plan to see it again, again...

posted by sma on Nov 27, 2008 05:55:49

All that I had hoped! Epic, funny, moving, well acted, beautiful...a film to watch again and again.

posted by reebee on Nov 26, 2008 10:17:40

This film was captivating, truly done in the old Hollywood spirit. While based on some events that did occur, there is the perfect blend of history and fiction. The story is more than a typical love story or outback adventure. The soundtrack was captivating and soulful. Besides the great chemistry of Nicole Kidman and Hugh Jackman, the young boy who played Nullah, in my opinion, stole the show. I loved it!

posted by lisalynn on Nov 26, 2008 07:45:27

the best ever

posted by australia on Nov 26, 2008 06:40:22

Beautiful

posted by Stunned on Nov 26, 2008 04:02:49

I saw this movie last night at a screening and was thrilled. It was better then I expected and not typical of Baz Lurhman. It was epic and the acting was super. Go see it.

posted by mooremovie on Nov 25, 2008 12:58:31

I saw the pre-screening the other day with Hugh Jackman present doing a QA. The movie is based on the old Hollywood style movie making with all the cinematic beautiful background sceneries and a captivating plot that is swashbuckling, adventurous, and many many things that can be described and a full blown getaway from reality movie that will leave you like you went on an exciting adventure back in time and in the outskirts of Australia. Nicole Kidman and Hugh Jackman definitely had a great chemistry in this film. Highly recommended.

posted by ferdysingson on Nov 23, 2008 07:22:05

great australian movie, typical baz masterpiece

posted by promarcus on Nov 22, 2008 12:42:48

I was lucky enough to see the screening lastnite... FABULOUS MOVIE!!!! :0) ~ A definite MUST SEE!!!

posted by hipchc on Nov 21, 2008 03:07:16

What is the name of the song in the Second Trailer? It is very compelling.

posted by V for Vito on Nov 18, 2008 04:37:55

"I haven't been this excited about a movie for a long, long, long, long time. Was that a movie? Was that a movie? I mean they just don't make movies like that any more, they really don't."

posted by Oprah on Nov 15, 2008 02:24:57

I loved baz'z moulin rouge with nicole kidman, and i am sure that this is going to be just as great. Plus it has hugh jackman in it , whats not to like?

posted by WOW! on Oct 05, 2008 11:47:27

Love baz,nicole and hugh should be brilliant film.

posted by wendy on Oct 03, 2008 10:54:04

I for my part can't wait for this movie,it is going to be EXCELLENT!!!!

posted by Great! on Aug 28, 2008 00:00:00