Home > Movie > A > Agora > Comments

Agora Comments

Agora

Adventure, Drama, History

May 28, 2010 (Limited)

R

Alejandro Amenabar

Rachel Weisz, Max Minghella, Oscar Isaac, Ashraf Barhom, Michael Lonsdale, Rupert Evans, Sami Samir, Homayoun Ershadi, Manuel Cauchi

REVIEWS RATE:  Critics  Nothing's perfect, but it's worth seeing.    Readers  5 of 5 [Rate It]

One of the best movies I have ever seen, it will be in my memory for a long long time....It really reflects what we suffer in our world...when people are mislead by the ambitious religious men....

posted by Nahla on Oct 26, 2010 02:31:57

As former history teacher Agora blunders in saying that the Great Library was burned by the early Church. My research tells me that between the years 634-544 Muslim Caliph Umar ordered the library burned. Hollywood in its attempt to suck-up to Muslims blames Christians for acts committed by Muslims. Just another attempt to bring Christianity down in this country. Think I'm lying-do a bit of research yourselves.

posted by Catholic Crusader on Jul 23, 2010 09:53:40

Hey, I'm from Mexico and i watched the movie a couple of days ago and I can't wait to the the DVD. I agree with Omar about how religion can make people so blind and ignore how others think and feel..... My sister's name is Hypatia, by the way :)

posted by Luis Colomo on Apr 13, 2010 04:42:53

I am from Greece, and I just saw the movie today. I was ecstatic! I was hoping for such a movie for quiet a few years. So... I would like DOUBLE-thanks Spain for giving us such a masterpiece! Enough with the Hollywoodian propagandas and slaughter of history! Time for the world to see the "other side of the coin", too.

posted by yannis fotis on Feb 02, 2010 05:38:12

I am from spain so I could see the movie yesterday and i have to say that this film is an absolutely masterpiece about how the religion make people go crazy... breathtaking and the end just break my heart...

posted by Omar on Oct 11, 2009 06:27:26

hope to see this man back in malta alejandro with all his talent again in another movie been there doing leather work regards edward malta

posted by edward seychell on Jun 16, 2009 01:42:31

It should have won at cannes this year!!!

posted by maltser on May 25, 2009 12:21:41

I do also know it'll be good. Did Amenabar composed the music as well?

posted by yeah on May 18, 2009 11:26:26

the music gives me goose pimples

posted by agora on Feb 27, 2009 08:51:12

breath taking, extraordinary,a must see movie

posted by agora on Feb 25, 2009 09:07:26

And I'm fucking the director so I know it's going to be even more than extremely good.

posted by Mateo Gil on Jan 31, 2009 06:17:23

I had an important role in the making of the film so I KNOW it`s going to be extremely good

posted by Agora on Aug 28, 2008 00:00:00