- Home > Celebrity
> Usher Trivia
- Famous as : R&B/pop singer, actor
- Birth Name : Usher Raymond IV
- Birth Date : October 14, 1978
- Birth Place : Dallas, Texas, USA
- Spouse : Tameka Foster (stylist, 3-Aug-07 - 4-Nov-09)
- Claim to Fame : Single "You Make Me Wanna" from album "My Way" (1997)
- Featured on "Got Milk?" ad for the Body By Milk nutritional campaign (June 2009).
- Named one of People magazine's 2008 Sexiest Men Alive.
- In 1999, he was chosen as one of Teen People magazine's "21 Hottest Stars Under 21".
- Signed a deal with Sony Ericsson in May 2008 to help marketing the company's W350 and W980 Walkman phones, which were scheduled to be released later that year.
- Is one of the owners of the NBA's Cleveland Cavaliers.
- Appears in Beyonce Knowles' "Naughty Girl" video.
- Was crowned the 'Godson of Soul' by funk superstar James Brown, after the two danced together onstage at 2005 Grammy Awards.
- Served as national spokesperson for the U.S. Department of Transportation's "Get Big On Safety" campaign, and appeared on NBC's "Inside Stuff".
- Formed a vocal group with other vocalists called Black Men United which recorded a song called "U Will Know" for the Jason's Lyric soundtrack.
- Recorded jingles for Coca-Cola and the 1996 Summer Olympics in Atlanta.
- Was only fourteen when he worked on his first album. He needs several vocal coaches in order to help him complete the record.
- Once made mistake when he introduced Album of the Year award winner Bob Dylan as "Bill" during the award telecast.
- Is the godson of actor Ben Vereen.
- Began singing when he was 6, joining the local church choir at the behest of his mother, Jonnetta Patton.
- Threw a bash at NYC's Cipriani's 23rd Street on September 25, 2007 to mark the launch of his new perfumes, "Usher For Women" and "Usher For Men."
- Sentenced to 20 hours of community service and fined $425 after being convicted of speeding at 103 mph in Georgia on July 4, 2006.
- Was sick with flu because of which he had to be on bed rest and absent from the Broadway musical "Chicago", in which he's been playing Billy Flynn (Oct 2006).
- Joined dozens of volunteers to clear the overgrown lawn of the International School of Louisiana, which has been closed since Katrina hit August 29 (June 13, 2006).
- He has two nicknames, which are Big Ush and Big Tyme.
- The host of 2004 BET Awards, Monique, danced with a group of girls and said that dance was for Usher.
- His first lead role in a movie was as Gabe Santora in the 1998 thriller, "The Faculty."
- In 1996, he acts on TV show "Moesha" with female pop singer Brandy.
- He participated in the NBA "Stay In School" program and performed at several of the franchises' jamborees entertaining students while showing them the importance of education.
- In 1986, Usher has numerous appearances on "The Oprah Winfrey Show."
- At age 13, L. A. Reid signed Usher an audition to La Face Records after seeing him at a "Star Search" audition.
- Usher Raymond is the fourth in his family to be named after each other.