- Home > Celebrity
> U2 Trivia
- Famous as : Rock band
- Birth Name : The Hype
- Birth Date : September 25, 1976
- Birth Place : Dublin, Republic of Ireland
- Spouse : -
- Claim to Fame : Album "How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb" (2004)
- Won a legal battle, November 15th, 2006 against their former stylish Lola Cashman over the ownership of some items which she acquired without permission during their "Joshua Tree" tour in 1987.
- Receiving the special one-time-only Q Award Of Awards: Band of Bands accolade at the 2006 Q Awards, took place Oct 30th at London's Grosvenor House Hotel.
- Was awarded Portugal's Order of Liberty to honor the band's humanitarian efforts (August 2005).
- Parted ways with its long-time label Island Records and moved to Mercury Records, within the Universal Music Group stable (Oct 2006).
- Their album "The Joshua Tree" was chosen the 3rd Britain's Favorite Album in a poll conducted by BBC Radio 2 to commemorate the album chart's 50th anniversary (August 2006).
- Secured the 4th position on Forbes magazine's annual list of the World's 100 Most Powerful Stars (June 2006).
- Has its 1992 song "One" credited as Britain's No. 1 Favorite Lyric in a poll conducted by music channel VH1 (April 2006).
- Listed on the top position in the Rolling Stone's 5th-annual list of Biggest Moneymakers, collecting an estimated $154.2 million.
- Ranked 2nd in Pollstar's list of Top-Grossing Tours of the Year 2005 with ticket sales income of $138.9 million in 78 shows from its Vertigo tour.
- Their "Vertigo" tour has been chosen as the Top-Grossing Trek of 2005, sold $260 million worth of tickets and drew more than 3 million people to 90 concerts.
- The band members and their manager Paul McGuinness have been given the Ambassador Of Conscience Award by Amnesty International (Dec, 2005).