Steve Carell Trivia
- Home > Celebrity
> Steve Carell
> Steve Carell Trivia
- Famous as : Actor
- Birth Name : Steven John Carell
- Birth Date : August 16, 1962
- Birth Place : Concord, Massachusetts, USA
- Spouse : Nancy Walls (actress/writer, since 1995)
- Claim to Fame : As Evan Baxter in "Bruce Almighty" (2003)
- Is a life-long Catholic.
- Sprained his ankle while shooting a scene involving sheep for "Evan Almighty" (2007) on May 13, 2006.
- Played on the varsity ice hockey and lacrosse teams in Concord, Massachusetts also at Granville's Denison University.
- Actually got offered a role in Will Ferrell's 2006 vehicle "Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby" but had to pass it because of scheduling conflicts.
- Filled in the voice of Gary on "The Ambiguously Gay Duo" cartoons which can be found on "Saturday Night Live."
- Is of Italian descent with original family name of Caroselli.
- Was mentioned the #2 Entertainer of the Year in Entertainment Weekly's annual issue commemorating biggest names and best performances in 2005.
- Had his chest actually waxed in "The 40 Year-Old Virgin" (2005).
- His two movies, "Anchorman" and "Sleepover", had the same opening day in U.S on July 9, 2004.
- Came to the premiere for "Bruce Almighty" (2003) with an assumption that his scenes were left in the cutting room, but became pleasantly surprised when he saw them at the screening.
- Is afflicted with hay fever.
- Underwent the over night shift job in a store 24 in Maynard, Massachusetts.
- Served as an editor-in-chief in his high school's newspaper, Newton South's The Lion's Roar.
- Once worked as a mail carrier before his acting career took off.
- Is considered to be the member of The Frat Pack along with Jack Black, Ben Stiller, Vince Vaughn, Will Ferrell, Owen Wilson, and Luke Wilson. His Frat Pack films include "Anchorman" (2004), "Melinda and Melinda" (2004), also "Bewitched" (2005).
- Initially intended to be a lawyer, but upon coming to a question on an application form that said 'Why do you want to be a lawyer?' he surprisingly couldn't think of anything.