- Home > Celebrity
> Rihanna Trivia
- Famous as : R&B singer
- Birth Name : Robyn Rihanna Fenty
- Birth Date : February 20, 1988
- Birth Place : St. Michael, Barbados
- Spouse : -
- Claim to Fame : Single "Pon De Replay" (2005)
- On February 20, 2008, Barbadian Prime Minister David Thompson presented the singer with several gifts at a national concert during an event named "Rihanna Day".
- In 2007, Rihanna became the official face of tourism for Barbados and subsequently featured in many of their advertising campaigns.
- In its 10 weeks, "Umbrella" was the longest-running number one single in U.K. since Wet Wet Wet's single "Love Is All Around" which spent fifteen weeks at the top in 1994.
- Included in People magazine's annual list of Best Dressed Women of 2008.
- Was recruited in July 2008 as the spokesperson for Gucci's first ever United Nation's Children's Fund (UNICEF) ad, dubbed "Tattoo Heart."
- Voted the 8th on Maxim magazine's list of 100 Hot Hollywood Starlets in May 2007.
- Teamed up with DKMS, the world's largest non-profit marrow donor center, to help a leukemia patient named Lisa Gershowitz Flynn diagnosed with Acute Myelogenous Leukemia to find a suitable bone marrow donor (February 2008).
- Bought Todd Goldman's paintings; Fat Kids Are Harder To Kidnap, Goodbye Kitty in a Microwave, Gold Digger Like a Hooker Just Smarter, My Mom Says Not to Run Scissors, Barbie is a Slut, A Salt with a Deadly Weapon, and Smurf Blue Balls, in February 2008.
- Voted as the Sexiest Female Musician in Victoria's Secret 2008 "What Is Sexy?" list, unveiled in January 2008.
- Donned the creamy "milk mustache" in "Got Milk?" new advertising campaign that showed her sitting on a sofa in a short dress (January 2008).
- Teams up with H&M and Designers Against AIDS (DAA) for the so-called "Fashion Against AIDS," to be launched in February 2008, which is meant to raise awareness of the disease among teens with slogans like "Believe" and "Stop and Think."
- Idolized Whitney Houston, Mariah Carey, and Beyonce Knowles.
- Picked as one of Seventeen Magazine's "Style Stars" for its December/January issue (November 2007).
- Made her catwalk debut for the Dsquared2 Spring/Summer 2008 collection presented in Milan, Italy on September 27, 2007.
- Teamed up with clothes company Totes to launch her own collection of umbrellas which range in price from US$16 to US$50 and come in a variety of different colors, with the most expensive being the limited edition Rihanna 2 Color Satin Stick (July 2007).
- Penned the song "Winning Women" with The Pussycat Doll's Nicole Scherzinger for P&G's female deodorant Secret.
- Recorded the song written by Ne-Yo titled "Just Be Happy" for her endorsement with Clinique's perfume, Happy.
- Her single "SOS" was used in her endorsement deal with Nike.
- Inked a deal in December 2006 as one of the faces representing CoverGirl cosmetics.
- Got a tattoo artist tattooed a friendship symbol behind her right ear in August 2006.
- Chosen the 3rd "Most Searched Celebrity" on VH1 by June 2006.
- Her "Pon De Replay" single was heard on HBO's hit TV show "Entourage'" in the 'An Offer Refused' episode during the club scene.