Rachel McAdams Trivia
- Home > Celebrity
> Rachel McAdams
> Rachel McAdams Trivia
- Famous as : Actress
- Birth Name : Rachel Anne McAdams
- Birth Date : November 17, 1978
- Birth Place : London, Ontario, Canada
- Spouse : -
- Claim to Fame : As Regina George in "Mean Girls" (2004)
- Became the host at the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences' 2006 Scientific and Technical Awards.
- Originally was approached to star in both "Iron Man" (2008) and "The Dark Knight" (2008), but turned the offers down.
- Was in consideration for the role of Vesper Lynd in "Casino Royale" (2006) before the part went to Eva Green.
- Was initially signed to play the female lead in "The Last Kiss" (2006), but later had to drop the role due to scheduling conflicts and got replaced by Jacinda Barrett.
- Joined David Rothenberg's on-camera acting class in Toronto, Canada with fellow stars Scott Speedman, Kenneth Mitchell, Polly Shannon, and David Sutcliffe.
- Politely opted out of a cover shoot for Vanity Fair magazine's March 2006 'Hollywood' issue, in which she was to appear with Scarlett Johansson and Keira Knightley, when discovered it was a nude pose.
- Is a vegetarian.
- Ranked 8th in the Canadian Business magazine's annual Celebrity Power List in August 2006.
- Was at No. 17 in the list of IMDb.com's site search index STARmeter on the Most Searched Names of 2005.
- Scored the 8th spot on the "Most Powerful Canadians in Hollywood" list by Canadian Business magazine (August 2006).
- Scored a record for receiving five nominations of MTV Movie Award in a single year.
- Had to wear a wig and fat suit in "Mean Girls" (2004).
- Likes shopping at Vintage clothing stores.
- Was born at St. Joseph's Hospital which is the same hospital where Ryan Gosling, her co-star in "The Notebook" (2004), was born.
- Donated many signed head-shots to Rocky Stone in order to be auctioned off with the purpose to raise money to buy more toys for less fortunate children as part of the Toy Mountain Campaign.
- Took her family with her when she appeared on "Jimmy Kimmel Live" in June 2004.
- Auditioned for the role of Sue Storm in the new "Fantastic Four" (2005), but lost it to Jessica Alba.
- Despite the extreme cold weather, she insisted on doing a perfect scene in which her character is drenching wet in a boat during the production of "The Notebook" (2004).
- Beat Reese Witherspoon and Ashley Judd in getting the role of Allie in "The Notebook" (2004).
- Was advised to partly construct the character of Regina George based on Alec Baldwin's portrayal of Blake in "Glengarry Glen Ross" (1992).
- During her study at York University in Toronto, she portrayed a child in "The Piper" which was a workshop led by a creative team from Toronto's Necessary Angel Theatre Company.
- Worked at one of McDonalds' stores for three summers.
- Got her initial role as April O'Neal of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles in a school play.
- Her favorite color is purple.