Philip Seymour Hoffman Trivia
- Home > Celebrity
> Philip Seymour Hoffman
> Philip Seymour Hoffman Trivia
- Famous as : Actor
- Birth Name : -
- Birth Date : July 23, 1967
- Birth Place : Fairport, New York, USA
- Spouse : -
- Claim to Fame : As Scotty J. in movie "Boogie Nights" (1997)
- His portrayal of Truman Capote in "Capote" (2005) was ranked #35 on Premiere Magazine's 100 Greatest Performances of All Time in 2006.
- One of his favorite movies is "Goodfellas" (1990).
- Joined an audition for the role of Cubby Barnes in "Ransom" (1996), but lost out to Donnie Wahlberg.
- Went to rehab for drugs and alcohol addiction after his graduation from New York University's Tisch School of the Arts in 1989.
- Made his first acting performance at his high school's 1982 stage production of "MASH", playing Radar O'Riley.
- Worked as a waiter, a lifeguard, and a stock worker at a grocery before his acting career took off.
- Has been cast in all Paul Thomas Anderson's projects, except for "There Will Be Blood" (2007).
- Was the one-semester lecturer of an advanced class called directing the actor at Columbia University School of the Arts Graduate Film Division in 2003.
- Starred in "Love Liza" (2002) of which script was written by his brother, Gordy Hoffman.
- Was seen appearing with Edward Norton and Emily Watson for two times in 2002 as he starred opposite Norton in "25th Hour" then Watson in "Punch-Drunk Love" and shared the screen with both of them in "Red Dragon."
- Took the director seat in the New York premiere of Rebecca Gilman's play "The Gory of Living" for the Manhattan Class Company in 2001.
- Hosted "Last Party 2000" (2001), a documentary focusing on the Republican and Democratic National Conventions for the Presidential race.
- Had the flu the whole time he filmed "Almost Famous" (2000).
- Has starred alongside Julianne Moore for three times that were in "Boogie Nights" (1997), "The Big Lebowski" (1998), and "Magnolia" (1999).
- Accidentally exposed his naked body when slipped on the stage with his backside ripped to the thigh during his performance in "King Lear" at the age of 22.
- Said that he probably would be a teacher had he failed to accomplish his desire to be an actor since he likes learning stuff and being around people.
- His favorite movie stars include Daniel Day-Lewis, Paul Newman, Meryl Streep, and Christopher Walken.
- His nickname is Phil.