Paula Abdul Trivia
- Home > Celebrity
> Paula Abdul
> Paula Abdul Trivia
- Famous as : Pop singer, choreographer
- Birth Name : Paula Julie Abdul
- Birth Date : June 19, 1962
- Birth Place : San Fernando, California, USA
- Spouse : Emilio Estevez (actor-director, 29-Apr-92 - May 1994), Brad Beckerman (sportswear designer, 24-Oct-96 - 1998)
- Claim to Fame : American Idol judge
- Teamed up with the people behind the "Chicken Soup For The Soul" books to create motivational books and greeting cards aimed at girls and young women (June 2007).
- Was trying to avoid stepping on her pet chihuahua on May 19, 2007 at home and fell, broke her nose and toe, while tore her cartilage as well.
- Was on Mach 24, 2005 sentenced to 2 years probation and ordered to pay $1100 after she pleaded no contest to an involvement in a hit-and-run incident in December 2004.
- Her favorite love song is "The First Time I Ever Saw Your Face" by Roberta Flack.
- Named Woman of the Year by the Nevada Ballet Theatre on January 27, 2007.
- Was at the 6th spot on Mr. Blackwell's 47th annual "Worst Dressed" list released on January 9, 2007.
- Has a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame that can be found at 7021 Hollywood Boulevard.
- Her second album "Spellbound" (1991) went triple platinum, while its single "Rush Rush" sold Gold.
- Got a full scholarship to a dance academy run by legendary dancer and choreographer Bella Lewitzky.
- Her parents split when she was 7 years old.
- Has her own jewelry design called "Innergy" and a clothing label named "Skirtz," which consists of 'Cheer' and 'Dance' lines.
- Used to be a vegetarian.
- Her #1 hit "Straight Up" (1989) was ranked #81 on VH1's 100 Greatest Dance Songs.
- Her father is of Syrian Jewish descent, while her mother is a Canadian Jew.
- Spent her honeymoon with Emilio Estevez in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada.
- Co-wrote Kylie Minogue's 2000 hit single "Spinning Around".
- Choreographed the dance sequences in the films "Dragnet" (1987), "Big" (1988), "Coming to America" (1988) and "American Beauty" (1999).
- Has choreographed Suzanne Somers and Toni Basil's stage shows.
- Choreographed and appeared in Toto's 1986 music video for "Till The End".
- Has choreographed music videos for The Jackson Five, Janet Jackson, Debbie Gibson, ZZ Top, George Michael, Dolly Parton, INXS, Prince, and Duran Duran.
- Was a Los Angeles Lakers Girl.
- Once revealed that she suffered from bulimia, but finally recovered.
- Had Michael Bolton as her babysitter when she was growing up.
- Becoming a head cheerleader and senior class president in her high school.
- Had performed dancing and singing in community musical theater groups at 7.
- Began taking dance lessons when she was eight.