Paul Bettany Trivia
- Home > Celebrity
> Paul Bettany
> Paul Bettany Trivia
- Famous as : Actor
- Birth Name : -
- Birth Date : May 27, 1971
- Birth Place : Harlesden, London, England
- Spouse : Jennifer Connelly (actress, since 1-Jan-03)
- Claim to Fame : As Charles in "A Beautiful Mind" (2001)
- At one time worked in a home for the elderly before his career took off.
- Wore a wig in his role as Silas in "The Da Vinci Code" (2006) after he suffered bleeding holes in his head when got his hair bleached.
- Quit smoking in 2005 after finding out his son, Stellan, imitating him with a pen.
- Was included along with 13 other actors in the invitation to join Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences (AMPAS) in June 2004.
- Turned down the role of Tooth Fairy in "Red Dragon" (2002).
- Suffered from laryngitis after filming "A Knight's Tale" (2001) due to all the yelling he had to do in portraying Geoffrey Chaucer.
- His role as Geoffrey Chaucer in "A Knight's Tale" (2001) was specifically written by director Brian Helgeland for him.
- Originally auditioned for a role in Brian Helgeland's "The Sin Eater", later renamed "The Order" (2003), but got cast in the director's "A Knight's Tale" (2001) instead after Helgeland decided to put the former film on hold.
- Once was a cocaine user, but later stopped using it after he realized that he could have killed his diabetic friend when the person went down in his flat as he at that time recklessly injected insulin to the friend in high condition.
- His younger brother, Matthew, died in a fall from a pavilion near their home at age 8.
- Named his son Stellan after actor Stellan Skarsgard whom he starred together with in "Kiss Kiss (Bang Bang)" (2000) and "Dogville" (2003).
- His favorite novel is "Darkness at Noon"
- Is a skilled guitar player, even once was a street performer on London's Westminster Bridge.
- Admires Vincent Cassel, Humphrey Bogart, Al Pacino, Robert De Niro, Peter O'Toole, Stellan Skarsgard, and John Lennon.
- His favorite film is "Brief Encounter" (1945).
- Loves eating broccoli also cheese and drinking whisky.
- His maternal grandmother, Olga Gwynne Kettle, married a pianist and has a successful career as a singer in musical theater.
- Is good friends with Jennifer Connelly's cousins, Sean and Glen Connelly.