Nelly Furtado Trivia
- Home > Celebrity
> Nelly Furtado
> Nelly Furtado Trivia
- Famous as : Singer
- Birth Name : Nelly Kim Furtado
- Birth Date : December 02, 1978
- Birth Place : Victoria, Canada
- Spouse : Demacio Castellon (sound engineer, 19-Jul-08 - 2016)
- Claim to Fame : Album "Whoa, Nelly!" (2000)
- Won the category of International Revelation of the Year at the 2007 NRJ Awards.
- Won the 2006 Billboard Music Award for Pop Single of the Year category for "Promiscuous."
- Once turned down a $500,000 offer to pose nude for the world famous magazine Playboy.
- Won the categories of Choice Song of the Summer for "Promiscuous" and Choice V Cast Music Artist at the 2006 Teen Choice Awards, held August 20th in Los Angeles.
- Shared with Timbaland the 2006 Teen Choice Award for the category of Choice R&B/Hip Hop Track for single "Promiscuous".
- Chosen the 2nd "Most Searched Celebrity" on VH1 by June 2006.
- Her single entitled "Forca" was the official theme song of the 2004 European Football Championship.
- Was selected as one of Cosmopolitan Magazine's Fun and Fearless Females in 2002.
- Earned the 58th rank in Stuff Magazine's list of 102 Sexiest Women In The World in 2002.
- Became the opening act for U2 on couple dates of the band's 2001 concerts.
- Began composing songs at age 13.
- Her favorite music artists include Madonna, Oasis, U2, ABBA, TLC, Ice-T, New Edition, Salt-N-Pepa, and Lionel Richie.
- The lyrics of her single, "Maneater", described about an unsafe infatuation for a so-called female maneater.
- The music video of "Promiscuous" featured cameo appearances of Justin Timberlake and Keri Hilson.
- Song "I'm Like a Bird" was one of the tunes essayed in Nick Hornby's book "31 Songs."
- Named her daughter, Nevis, after an island in the Caribbean on which she was conceived.
- Once did eight dates on at Lilith Fair.
- Her single of "Hey, Man!" contained a sample of the Kronos Quartet's song titled "White Man Sleeps.''
- Used to smoke heavily during her teens.
- Speaks fluent Portuguese and Hindi.