Laurence Fishburne Trivia
- Home > Celebrity
> Laurence Fishburne
> Laurence Fishburne Trivia
- Famous as : Actor
- Birth Name : Laurence John Fishburne III
- Birth Date : July 30, 1961
- Birth Place : Augusta, Georgia, USA
- Spouse : Hajna O. Moss (actress, 1985 - 1990s), Gina Torres (actress, since 20-Sep-02)
- Claim to Fame : As Jason 'Furious' Styles in "Boyz n the Hood" (1991)
- Was present at the 2006 Dubai International Film Festival in the United Arab Emirates.
- Actually voiced the bear in the Genaros Beer commercial, according to the commentary track on the "Kiss Kiss Bang Bang" DVD (2006).
- Took part in an audition for the role of Ben in "Night of the Living Dead" (1990).
- Initially befriended John Singleton when they worked together on children's TV program "Pee-wee's Playhouse" (1986).
- Was the roommate of actor Giancarlo Esposito in the early 1980s.
- Got awarded with the key to the city of Cambridge, Massachusetts by Mayor Kenneth Reeves and had the twenty-fourth of February as the "Lawrence Fishburne" day in the city.
- Owns a production company named Cinema Gypsy Productions and has produced a series of screen features which included "Hoodlum" (1997), "Always Outnumbered" (1998), "Five Fingers" (2005), and "A Landlord's Tale" (2009).
- Donated his custom-made motorcycle to an online charity auction benefiting Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. National Memorial Foundation in March 2006.
- Starred, directed, wrote, and produced "Once in the Life" (2000).
- Has been actively involved in UNICEF since 1997 and later being selected as an Ambassador for the agency.
- Had to wear a 65-pound spacesuit when filming "Event Horizon" (1997) and gave it a nickname of Doris.
- Became the first African-American actor to play the title role in the theatrical film version of "Othello" (1995).
- Used to be credited under the name of Laurence Fishburne III or Larry Fishburne in his acting career, but concluded to go with simply Laurence Fishburne in 1991.
- Joined the audition for the role of Ben in "Night of the Living Dead" (1990).
- Performed under the Negro Ensemble Theater in its off-Broadway production of "Eden" in 1976.
- His theatrical resume includes "My Many Names & Faces" (1971), "Section D" (1974), and "The Lion in Winter" (1999).
- Has a deep interest in motorcycle and is the co-founder of the Guggenheim Motorcycle Club.
- His first performing experience was playing Peter Pan in the second grade.
- Has nicknames of Fish and Larry.
- Is frequently mistaken for fellow actor Samuel L. Jackson and vice versa.