Joss Stone Trivia
- Home > Celebrity
> Joss Stone
> Joss Stone Trivia
- Famous as : Soul/R&B singer
- Birth Name : Joscelyn Eve Stoker
- Birth Date : April 11, 1987
- Birth Place : Dover, Kent, England
- Spouse : -
- Claim to Fame : Album "The Soul Sessions" (2003)
- Ranked 7th in Maxim Magazine's poll of Sexiest Vegetarians in March 2008.
- Being featured in a new TV advertising campaign for Cadbury's Flake chocolate bar which was debuted on ITV1 during the premiere of British television drama series "Rock Rivals" on March 5, 2007.
- Took part in the Band Aid 20 re-recording of "Do They Know It's Christmas?" (November 14, 2004).
- Posed topless for Jane magazine's "Body" issue, on newsstands July 24, 2007, as an attempt to promote Clothes Off Our Back, a non-profit charity which sells celebrities' gently worn clothing to benefit children's charities.
- Once in March 2007 posed with a chicken in a new PETA's online advertisement promoting vegetarianism.
- Chosen as the head spokeswoman for The Gap, replacing Sarah Jessica Parker.
- Sang on stage with rock legend Melissa Etheridge at the 2005 Grammy Awards.
- Performed in "Live 8," a non profit event raising money for world poverty (July 2005).
- Supports Liverpool Football Club.
- Always performing barefoot.
- Has a nickname, which is Jossie.
- Co-writing eleven out of the fourteen tracks included in her 2nd album "Mind, Body & Soul" (2004).
- Has made an appearance in "The Tonight Show" and "Motown 45."
- Changed her given name, Joscelyn Eve Stoker, to Joss Stone soon after she signed her first ever contract with a talent agent.
- She's been called the "White Aretha Franklin."
- Enjoyed listening to Aretha Franklin's songs, which later inspired her to pursue musical career.
MORE FROM NEWS
MORE FROM NEWS
- James Valentine, Matt Flynn, Adam Levine, Maroon 5
- Behati Prinsloo, Adam Levine
- PJ Morton, Adam Levine, Maroon 5
- Jesse Carmichael, Adam Levine, Maroon 5
- Jesse Carmichael, PJ Morton, Adam Levine, Maroon 5