Jake Gyllenhaal Trivia
- Home > Celebrity
> Jake Gyllenhaal
> Jake Gyllenhaal Trivia
- Famous as : Actor
- Birth Name : Jacob Benjamin Gyllenhaal
- Birth Date : December 19, 1980
- Birth Place : Los Angeles, California
- Spouse : -
- Claim to Fame : As Donnie Darko in "Donnie Darko" (2001)
- Voted No. 2 in People magazine's list of "Hottest Bachelors" in 2007.
- Ranked 10th in People magazine's list of Sexiest Men Alive for 2006.
- Topped Esquire magazine's September 2006 poll on Best-Dressed Men at No. 4.
- Was one of Hollywood celebrities invited to join the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences (July 2006).
- At 10, Jake started his debut role as Billy Crystal's son in the runaway success summer comedy "City Slickers" (1991).
- He was auditioned for the role of Batman/Bruce Wayne in "Batman Begins" (2005).
- Jake was set to play Spiderman in "Spider-Man 2" (2004) due to complications with Tobey Maguire. Regrettably, Maguire was back as Spiderman.
- In 2004, he was listed as one of People Magazine's "50 Hottest Bachelors."
- On Phantom Planet's 2002 album "The Guest", lead singer Alex Greenwald lists him in his thank yous. Alex appeared with Jake in "Donnie Darko."
- He was introduced to Kirsten Dunst by his sister Maggie.
- Jake is a friend to actress Natalie Portman and Bryce Dallas Howard.
- He received his first driving lesson from Paul Newman.
- Atticus, his dog, named after the main character in Jake's favorite book "To Kill a Mockingbird".
- Jake attended a local elementary school with Maroon 5 band members and with 1999's "Freaks and Geeks" star Jason Segel.
- Gyllenhaal is of Swedish and Russian-Jewish ancestry.
- 'Gyllenhaal' is pronounced Jill-en-hall.